DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me and my friend are saying our car will be each others. So im wondering, will my r/t 3.5L beat his a4 1.8t. Hes got 186hp and 177ft/lb, with awd and also weighs 226KG lighter than my trep.
Seeing as its winter its not a wise idea to race, so were gonna wait tell it drys up, we already planned out an empty road way thats safe. Ill post back the results when it happens.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Me thinks he will embarrass you.
empty roads are not safe. Take it to the track.
Both of these.

The Audi may not have as much crank HP, but its transmission is super efficient. So I can pretty much guarantee that out of that 180ish HP, he has 150ish MINIMUM going to the wheels. And its AWD? Definitely going to lose. Our cars put out barely 170ish (depending on which 3.5) to the wheels.

So youve got a 20HP advantage, maybe about the same in torque. But youve got to haul around 300-350 more pounds, and hes got AWD. Plus Im pretty sure that those cars had 5 speed automanuals, that are much better designed than our Autostick. And if hes a stick, you definitely have no chance.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
If the audi dont fall apart,, hes gonna whop ya

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Me thinks he will embarrass you.
Both of these.

The Audi may not have as much crank HP, but its transmission is super efficient. So I can pretty much guarantee that out of that 180ish HP, he has 150ish MINIMUM going to the wheels. And its AWD? Definitely going to lose. Our cars put out barely 170ish (depending on which 3.5) to the wheels.

So youve got a 20HP advantage, maybe about the same in torque. But youve got to haul around 300-350 more pounds, and hes got AWD. Plus Im pretty sure that those cars had 5 speed automanuals, that are much better designed than our Autostick. And if hes a stick, you definitely have no chance.
If the audi dont fall apart,, hes gonna whop ya
I have to actually disagree with all three of yinz, My one buddy has an 03 A6 with a 3.0 and it was a race comparable to me and a 3.8 Impala or Gran Prix. I dont think it would win...unless it was a 5 spd. If its a stick...lights out. But then again...I dont condone street racing, especially with the laws up in Canada.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I understand the whole stupidity 'ness of us doing it on the road but atleast we wont harm anyone else. But still pretty bad.
Hes got a automatic. How about a roll on from 60-whatever?
Also on paper it makes sense for the trep to win, since the trep can do 0-60 in 7.8-8.2 well the a4 1.8t does it in 8.4-8.6. Id say it be a pretty close race

·
Registered
946 Posts
I understand the whole stupidity 'ness of us doing it on the road but atleast we wont harm anyone else. But still pretty bad.
Hes got a automatic. How about a roll on from 60-whatever?
Also on paper it makes sense for the trep to win, since the trep can do 0-60 in 7.8-8.2 well the a4 1.8t does it in 8.4-8.6. Id say it be a pretty close race
Idk on this one maybe keep your gas low in the tank like maybe 4-6 gallons and take your spare out before you go to the road it might help alittle or he might still take ya idk.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
hes to light. ohh and take it to the track, the streets are no place to race

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
The only place to RACE is the TRACK. PERIOD.

Even staying below the speed limit and racing side by side on a 4 lane road is dangerous because even if you have YOUR car under control, you have NO control over other cars that may merge on you or come out of no were and be in your way... that, and you can't be concentrating on your 'race' and adequately concentrate on safety at the same time - that's why cell phone usage is getting so much heat!

Some laws are made just to keep order - but others are there for your safety and the safety of others.

Find a track, drive fast.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The only place to RACE is the TRACK. PERIOD.

Even staying below the speed limit and racing side by side on a 4 lane road is dangerious because even if you have YOUR car under control, you have NO control over other cars that may merge on you or come out of no were and be in your way... that, and you can't be concentrating on your 'race' and adiquetly concentrate on safety at the same time - that's why cell phone usage is getting so much heat!

Some laws are made just to keep order - but others are there for your safety and the safety of others.

Find a track, drive fast.
was a joke...:hit1:

·
Registered
727 Posts
He's not wrong. Street racing is for wannabes and Special Olympiads.
so everyones supposed to drive 45 on the FWY because others arnt able to control themselves?

ive never wrecked anything. because part of driving fast is planing for unexpected things to come at you.

you got to be old.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
so everyones supposed to drive 45 on the FWY because others arnt able to control themselves?

ive never wrecked anything. because part of driving fast is planing for unexpected things to come at you.

you got to be old.

No, you drive the speed limit on the freeway. If you're driving significantly faster than the speed limit you're a hazard to those around you. And don't pretend like you are in control. Lets say you're doing 60 in a 45 on a big city street. Not even speeding that much. Stopping distance at that speed, including your apparently superhuman reaction time, is about the length of a football field. On a typical street that could easily be at least 3 opportunities for someone to pull out in front of you within your stopping distance. Add racing, you're looking at the tach, the opponent, focusing on your shift point, the definition of a distracted driver. Even deserted roads have private driveways, usually hidden. There's simply no argument for street racing. Its reckless and dangerous.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
The fact he can't understand that is evidence in itself that he doesn't have the maturity to control a piece of heavy machinery while consuming oxygen, regardless of being on a city street, his HS parking lot, freeway, OR sanctioned race track.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts

you got to be old.
You are the posterchild for modernized natural selection......hopefully you dont take any innocent people out with you.

I have actual racing experience. I spent two years of my life going around an Indy-style track at 105-150mph consistently every weekend. I can handle myself around cars just fine. And thats exactly why I WONT race on the streets. B/c I've seen someone with actual racing experience wipe out in a controlled environment on the track and still take 5,6, even 7 cars with him. you obviously have no racing experience of any true nature, and dont understand the physics involved with getting a 4,000lb piece of metal, plastic, and rubber to go from 100mph to 0 without killing someone

No, you drive the speed limit on the freeway. If you're driving significantly faster than the speed limit you're a hazard to those around you. And don't pretend like you are in control. Lets say you're doing 60 in a 45 on a big city street. Not even speeding that much. Stopping distance at that speed, including your apparently superhuman reaction time, is about the length of a football field. On a typical street that could easily be at least 3 opportunities for someone to pull out in front of you within your stopping distance. Add racing, you're looking at the tach, the opponent, focusing on your shift point, the definition of a distracted driver. Even deserted roads have private driveways, usually hidden. There's simply no argument for street racing. Its reckless and dangerous.
The fact he can't understand that is evidence in itself that he doesn't have the maturity to control a piece of heavy machinery while consuming oxygen, regardless of being on a city street, his HS parking lot, freeway, OR sanctioned race track.

These two posts above are FULL OF WIN...wheres that gif at?.......hmmmmm

Really couldn't have said it better Nate and Cean

1 - 20 of 37 Posts