DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Not that I remember. Was just like a regular front brake job if I recall.

Download the manual listed in the "how to" section if you really want to know, it's invaluable if you do your own work. And it's FREE!

Cheers

BJ:Anon:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
it's a 10mm or 12mm socket, I can't remember......it's EXACTLY like the fronts, except smaller parts ;) 2 bolts and the calipers come off. Rotors are removed by destroying the stupid ass clip that holds them on from the factory.....get a pair of pliers and fight with that little metal clip until you can mangle it enough to get it off. When you put the new rotors on, you don't need to hold them on with anything, the wheels hold them on.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
34 mm sounds like you're talking about the hub nut. This big nut doesn't come off unless you are removing the hub bearing or half-shafts (no half shafts on the rear end, front only). Neither is nessesary for a brake job, front or rear.
Just remove the wheel, remove the caliper, and the rotor slides right off the wheel studs. it may be a bit difficult as there are small brake shoes inside the "hat" section of the rotor for the park brake assembly.

I didn't have to "mangle" any clips though........:dunno:

Cheers

BJ:anon:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Avenger said:
it's a 10mm or 12mm socket, I can't remember......it's EXACTLY like the fronts, except smaller parts ;) 2 bolts and the calipers come off. Rotors are removed by destroying the stupid ass clip that holds them on from the factory.....get a pair of pliers and fight with that little metal clip until you can mangle it enough to get it off. When you put the new rotors on, you don't need to hold them on with anything, the wheels hold them on.
Those stupid PITA clips on the rotors are from the factory? Damn I just did the brakes for the first time since I baught it and they were still on at 98k...I know the previous owners were easy on it but damn!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
They are used to hold the rotor on the hub while on the line, so it doesn't fall off until the wheel is installed. They have no other purpose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts