DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

I have recently joined the 0700 code club and the intermittent oil light club.

Car went into limp mode and TCM light came on. Speedometer still worked but we changed both input and output sensors just in case. Drove great for 1 day and now tranny jumped and light is back on. We did disconnect the battery to clear the code. Any other suggestions? 0700 is the only code we are getting.

We have also changed the oil pressure sending unit and still have the same problem with the oil light. Could bearings be a problem? We run only synthetic and do regular oil changes.

Help!!!

Thank you.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Could be the transmission range selector (TRS). Also has an FYI: the code p0700 is a generic code for the TCM.
P.S.
Maybe your TCM is about to die too.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
lbis4123 said:
there is a tsb out for the oil light. I think its changes the sender unit and adds a wire i believe
Technical Service Bulletin #08-36-99 and requires modifying the wiring at the sending unit. You'll need to purchase part #5017800AA. The Oil Sending unit part #4608303AB.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your help. We have ended up taking it to the Dodge dealer due to us having the 70/70,000 powertrain warranty ($100 deductible but better than $1000.00).
My husband called today to see what they have found and they state that it looks like a bad selenoid( I think that is how you spell it) and it will cost us about $500 to have it replaced. We asked him doesn't the warranty cover internal parts he said I dont know I will have to check.
Kind of worries me a little bit but we will see.

Thanks again for your advice and have a great day everyone!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,743 Posts
lbis4123 said:
solenoid? which solenoid?
Sounds like tranny solenoid pak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts