DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the base SE model trep. My friend has the honda accord 4 door with the the base engine (its an inline 4 V-tec engine) should be interesting lol.. Im racing tommorrow after school and I'll get it on video... Lets hope I win lol. It has less horsepower but ive driven it and it has some kick to it... so **** ... you'll find out tommorrow haha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well sorry people.... schedules got in the way, WE decided to do in on friday because we get out of school really early. Yah, I hope I win lol

Werll heres a pic of my driveway... and the other intrepid isnt even there... its like a mini meet in my driveway hahaha

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I don't have problems with the same model year ('02) V6 Accords.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Avenger said:
I don't have problems with the same model year ('02) V6 Accords.
And you shouldn't - its a 16 second car. But the '04 V6 will kill you. The 6- speed stick is very quick from a roll at highway speeds.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
joewithey said:
I have the base SE model trep. My friend has the honda accord 4 door with the the base engine (its an inline 4 V-tec engine) should be interesting lol.. Im racing tommorrow after school and I'll get it on video... Lets hope I win lol. It has less horsepower but ive driven it and it has some kick to it... so **** ... you'll find out tommorrow haha
Oooooo aahhhhh an honest to goodness v-tec engine and not just the stickers, a genuine v-tec. I'd be just a shakin' in my boots.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
That 6 speed 2003+ V6 Accord is quick any way you look at it, lets put it this way, I know better than to race one!

Now that 4cyl Accord vs. 2.7 should be interesting!

NOTE TO 2.7 driver: Make us proud, go out on a lonely road and PRACTICE your launches!

Tip number two: NEVER, EVER neutral drop the tranny! This will ruin it in no time and won't help you win much at all.

And finally, make sure your car is in good order, make sure the tire pressure is at what the little sticker in the door says it should be, this is close to ideal for launches in most cases. :D

Don't use cheap gas, fill up at Chevron, Shell, Exxon or BP/Amoco. If you use cheap gas, run some good stuff for a week before the race.... postpone if necessary, bad fuel and carbon deposits can caust you a tenth or two! If you admit to buying gas at the local supermarket or worse, WALMART, PM me for help cleaning up the mess you have made your engine into!

Now let the race begin!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I wouldn't mess with a 6-speed Accord V6 in my auto on 20" dubz......I've got more sence than that!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hardwareguy said:
That 6 speed 2003+ V6 Accord is quick any way you look at it, lets put it this way, I know better than to race one!

Now that 4cyl Accord vs. 2.7 should be interesting!

NOTE TO 2.7 driver: Make us proud, go out on a lonely road and PRACTICE your launches!

Tip number two: NEVER, EVER neutral drop the tranny! This will ruin it in no time and won't help you win much at all.

And finally, make sure your car is in good order, make sure the tire pressure is at what the little sticker in the door says it should be, this is close to ideal for launches in most cases. :D

Don't use cheap gas, fill up at Chevron, Shell, Exxon or BP/Amoco. If you use cheap gas, run some good stuff for a week before the race.... postpone if necessary, bad fuel and carbon deposits can caust you a tenth or two! If you admit to buying gas at the local supermarket or worse, WALMART, PM me for help cleaning up the mess you have made your engine into!

Now let the race begin!

hahaha I got it down... id never ever drop it from neutral in an auto haha... I use 76 fuel. Used to use 89 but gas just keeps going up so i use 87 now... dont need the 89, just put it in to feel somewhat important lol... Yah I really hope I win.... If not I'll be SO dissappointed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually, I think all of the LH cars with 3.5L engines were designed to run on 89 octane, my 1996 LHS owners manual will back me up on this one. As for the 2.7, I think that was meant for 87...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
my 98 trep 2.7 ( rated 200hp) vs my friends 2000 3.0 V6 accord ( rated 200hp).....i cant beat him on pickup or hiway speed. i drove his honda and its got some kick for sure. response feel is better then the trep.

·
Banned
72 Posts
We saw a "race" (if you want to call it that) between an intrepid and accord at the track last year.

Can't tell you who won though- we were so bored we couldn't finish watching.

"Racing" a regular car is like running in the special olympics- everyone knows it's not real except for the competitors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts