DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...

I just purchased an '04 Concorde and I love it... There was/is only one thing...

The amp was missing..

I needed the 120 watt amp for the 6 speaker infinity setup what I was delivered was the 360(?) watt 9 speaker infinity amp.

My question now is... Can I just get the rear door speakers and the center speaker and have the 9 speaker setup or do I need to replace my current 6 speakers as well...

So coming to my last question...

If I just need to purchase the rear door and center speakers or all the speakers for that matter...

Anyone know where I can buy this stuff?

thanks!
Shawn

·
Registered
566 Posts
The 360 watt amp is the trunk amp, big 3 legged metal bracket w/ hooks for the wall. I'm not certain if the lower end system or base speakers were the same as the midline 7 speaker setup, those speakers are the same ones used in the 9 speaker high line setup just the system didn't come with the rear door speakers.

You can just use the amp with your current speakers BUT I don't know if you might blow them if you play the volume too loudly. Loss of the rear door speakers shouldn't have any bearing on whether you could blow them or not, its whether or not those 'low end' system speakers are up to par with the midline/high line setup or not.
Unfortunatly none of the information I have access to tells me anything one way or the other, I would have to guess they are good enough but there's now way to tell until you try it and they blow or look at your speakers and see if the part numbers match a midline/high line systems speakers.

As for where to get them, people here sell some of the 2.5 or 3.5 speakers used for the center or rear doors on occasion and Ebay sometimes has a few.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response!

I have hooked up the 360 watt amp to the wiring harnesses and it all sounds decent enough. I don't think it could could loud enough to blow the speakers though.... It sounds good just not super loud.

I just need to run the wires to my trunk now so I can mount the amp where it is supposed to go. Right now the wiring harnesses are located behind the passenger kickpanel/glove compartment and the 360 watt amp won't fit there.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I did a upgrade/rewire of my stock 240watt from the kickpanel to the trunk mounted 360watt. I shopped around and I found the best 'value' for shipping and the 18 gauge wire at 100' rolls, was from summit racing, still have plenty left but I have other mods for the future so at $30 it was an investment, with fewer speakers you could order fewer colors and pair them up.
If you have a decent local source that's even better, I couldn't find local wire in large enough quantities at a fair price.

It was a PAIN running the first wires through to get the proper lengths then I twisted them to keep the pairs for each speaker together and held them with some e-tape before putting them in the car in pairs.

If you do it, your radio inputs to the amp are stuck at the kick panel, pain to tap into those wires and the right door speakers are there as well, the rest are readily available at the middle of the passengers seat, where the left side speakers then divert under the seats to that side. Rear deck speaker wires are accessible from under the rear seats on either side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts