DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a remote start in my dad's 04 Ram during the winter. Now that it's hot out, we discovered that when you start it with the remote the fans come on, just like they do with the heat in the winter, but the A/C compressor doesn't come on until you get in and turn the key to run. Then the light above the button comes on and everything is good. Does anyone know of a way to fix this without having to connect the A/C do a different circuit that is on with the remote start?

·
Registered
750 Posts
my guess would be but all dependsing on the alarm install, is some starters use 2 accessory wires that go to the ignition and if you connected them to the wrong ones? that would be my guess .

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish it were that easy! Everything is definitely connected properly though. Most cars, like the trep, have two different circuits connected to the ignition. One will allow things like the heat and power windows to work, and another that the radio,windshield wipers, and other things are connected to. This works well because it keeps the radio and other things that aren't needed from going on with the remote start. For some reason though it seems that on the ram the HVAC controls and the fan are connected tol the circuit that is on with the remote start, but the A/C compressor is on the other one and I was hoping there was an easy fix for this but I'm thinking now that I either need to power both circuits with the remote start or somehow move the A/C over to the other circuit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts