DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a 04 special pcm and speedo today at the yard also got the key and the key cylinder so is it just swap those parts and im good to go to i have a 2.7 engine for know but im planing on swaping it out soon and my car does have a skim

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
When you say 'key cylinder', I hope you mean the SKIM module (which is black plastic that goes around the lock cylinder.

Also, '04 Special PCMs are detuned from '02 Special PCMs......old people complained about the harsh shifting apparently.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say 'key cylinder', I hope you mean the SKIM module (which is black plastic that goes around the lock cylinder.

Also, '04 Special PCMs are detuned from '02 Special PCMs......old people complained about the harsh shifting apparently.
yeah i got the skim module as well but what is the diffrence between the 04 pcm and 02 should i try to find a 02 ? i payed close to nothing for the parts i got my buddy has a wreck yard i could go back and see if he has a 02 special is it worth it ?

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
The difference is really small. It's only really in the way the transmission shifts. Put the PCM in and you'll be plenty happy with it as far a performance goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts