DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was drivin my trep down 3235 last week coming back from a little drive to clear my head, from out of nowhere a white cobalt with the ss badge pulls up next to me and revs a few times, im doin 70 already and the road was clear. i hesitated to make the run but the rice exhaust was getting to me so i mashed it to the floor and he did too,. thinking i was going to lose. i took him past 105 and he was redlining, after hittin 115 i let off and he flew past, at 105 i was about a car length ahead of him,. it was pretty intense.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Well it was a kill, no matter what kind of car it is, its still a kill.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
id like to run him from a dead stop. i also tried my shot at an srt8 300c from 50.....i lost pretty big there but i was in a place with lots of hiding cops so i didnt break 65.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I don't disagree in a good old fashion FAIR drag race. The SS would have almost a 1 second lead on a 3.5L.

97Trep didn't claim to have a drag race with the SS. He claimed to punch it from 70. I'm assuming the SS then reacted. They ran to 105. I'm sure 97Trep downshifted (it's an auto) and who knows if the SS downshifted (in time) for the roll on.

I'll say this storey is legit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't disagree in a good old fashion FAIR drag race. The SS would have almost a 1 second lead on a 3.5L.

97Trep didn't claim to have a drag race with the SS. He claimed to punch it from 70. I'm assuming the SS then reacted. They ran to 105. I'm sure 97Trep downshifted (it's an auto) and who knows if the SS downshifted (in time) for the roll on.

I'll say this storey is legit.
I agree our cars can haul some balls on the rolling downshift.There are some Cobalts out there with the SS trim but no supercharger.It would say Supercharged under the SS if it was. A lot of the younger Ricers in the area are into the Cobalt.

·
Registered
116 Posts
lol i was at the drags this weekend and all the little ricer's gf's were sitting there saying how they hate domestics, next think u know a veryyy nice not to sure on the year, charger pulled up just a chuggen, gave the little civic a nice 10-15 car head start and blew its doors of on a 8.5 second pass :) gotta love the little ricers and the hondas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts