DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we have had the new Pony for a week now. Pros and Cons so far. Pros handling is great, Brakes, My God does it have brakes. Way way way better than the Intrepids. **** the front calipers are twice the size of the Intrepids. Less brake dust. Steering heavier than the Intrepid, but very quick. Ride a little stiffer than the Intrepid. Then again it has the GT suspension wheels and tires. seats are good. MPG so far 22.8 with 600 miles on it. Radio has very nice sound. Gauges are nice easy to read. And i like having a oil and battery gauges. View all round good. About the same as the Intrepid no better now worse. Paint seems better than mopars. The After market is great. There are tons of mods and parts you can do. And cheaper than Mopar parts on the whole. I ordered a CAI intake and tunner today. They should but me in the high 14 sec 1/4 mile times. Cons Plastic seems to scuff up easier cheaper looking than the Intrepids. More Suspension and road nosie, but less wind nosie than the Intrepids. Radio is harder to see day and night. The 5 speed tranny feels kind of slow. And shifts a little weird to me. Then again i just ordered a CIA and a Xcal2 tunner. That everybody on the Mustang sites says does wounders for the 5 speed auto. Found some wiring clips not pushed in their mounting holes under the hood. Prop rod for the heavy hood. High door frame. I like to have my arm resting on the door. With the window down and it is too high to rest right. Thats it for now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts