DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you might recall, a couple weeks back my 2000 "trep was severely keyed by a bunch of local goons. The auto body and appraiser both estimated the damage at $1,776.95 in damage. Talk about a reach around!! :tongue: But the owner of the body shop where I took it to said that he would "cheerfully repaint my whole car it's original color, (including spoiler), and he also said that he'd get all of the scratches, dings, and other blemishes completely out. WOW!! Talk about a real treat there. I was shocked. So "Iris" will be ready for pickup this tuesday or wednesday. So unfortunatly I have to drive my wife's 2001 Galante ES. :baaa:

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Wow, $1800 for a complete? Is that ever square inch of the car? I am glad I have a buddy who is a body man / painter. He offered to repaint my whole car (R/T) including the wheels for $1200. That includes any necessary body work.

·
Registered
381 Posts
How much of it do you have to pay? Hopefully insurance is picking up most of it. I'm glad to see it will be better than pre-keyed condition when there done. Are you going to have it painted the same color?

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not paying the $1,776.95. The insurance company is picking up that bill. The only thing that I have to pay is the $100 deductible. :D And yes it is for the ENTIRE car to get redone. Another :D !! And one more yes, for it'll be painted the origianl color: Metallic silver. I'll be sure to post pics next week.

·
Registered
489 Posts
i wish i had your problem
My car got spray painted the other week. Not just the paint, but the whole damn car. It was over 3500 dollars in damage, and I didn't even get a new paint job. I have to go pick it up today, but if they did a shi**y job, then it's staying there until its sparkling new.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amen to that brother!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And ANOTHER THING is that the owner of the body shop "feels" my pain. He used to live in our development, and his Mustang Cobra was keyed up real bad by a bunch of bored punks. :mad:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Maaan, if I were where you live, I'd be investing in some serious security set ups. Look under the vandalism post in the General discussion, and they've got some good advice.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I own a Cobra 300Es with motion sensor alarm system. However I'm just waiting to get the car back from the body shop.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
17,492 Posts
2002 thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts