DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This week I clocked 12 years of continuous ownership since the day I drove it off the lot. Originally under $25K out the door. I did not finance the car, so my ownership cost to-date is $174 per month -- and declining monthly.

The dealership is long gone, but the car and I are still around. I think the Trep has aged a bit more gracefully than me. 177,000 miles. On my 2nd set of spark plugs and my 4th set of tires. Original transmission. Replaced the a/c components, radiator, timing belt, water pump. Never had a break-down other than maybe a dead battery. [Oh, and the time I had the radiator leak and had to stop to get it fixed.] Only one small accident where my daughter got rear-ended by an F-450....the other driver's insurance paid $2,000 and I got the trunk fixed for half that.

I don't do major repairs myself, but I would like to thank all the posters here for the info that has helped me avoid getting ripped off and to do the small stuff myself.

I know a lot of you here have higher mileage Treps. Anyone own a 2nd generation longer?

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
it is very good to see another LH still on its orginal owner and still going strong. i hope i can say the same for mine when it becomes 12 years old. heres to you and 12 more years with the car!!!

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Woo hoo! Love to hear these kinds of stories... Hope mine holds up as well as yours!

·
Registered
760 Posts
currently at 97,000 do just broken it but seems the previous owner jerry-rigged it and I keep having to replace so much. Just replaced the steering rack last weekend.
jerry riged it <--??

fixed it whit duck tape and buble gum/?

·
Registered
121 Posts
nah sadly no gum and duct tape. just the wrong steering rack to start with. the car has been rebuilt and seems the previous owner lost a lot of screws so used wood screws. the door speakers hah. since they didnt fit they ripped off the tweeter so it would. (Jerry rigged)

·
Registered
760 Posts
nah sadly no gum and duct tape. just the wrong steering rack to start with. the car has been rebuilt and seems the previous owner lost a lot of screws so used wood screws. the door speakers hah. since they didnt fit they ripped off the tweeter so it would. (Jerry rigged)
damn!

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Wow, reminds me of a thing my old boss would say... "Quick, do anything, even if it is wrong!"

·
Registered
19,541 Posts
Congrats on the milestone!

I'm the second owner of my '98. The first owner was my best friend, and I was with him at dealership when he picked it up... I was quite jealous that day! I got it in '02.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts