DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, second conversion I've done. After each conversion I get error codes leak detection pump solinoid and solenoid circuit problem codes. Neither car is equiped with a leak detection pumps and didn't have the check engine light before conversion. Is this a problem with the engines sendig a queery to the ECM?

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
the leak detection pump solinoid , is back under the gas tank, usually a line left off after a swap,, unless export cars are different

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in michigan. One vehicle was from wisconson, the other from Michigan. Neither vehicle was equiped with leak detection system. Not even wired for it. Neither had the code before swap. Is the engine calling for the BCM to look for it?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,976 Posts
I live in michigan. One vehicle was from wisconson, the other from Michigan. Neither vehicle was equiped with leak detection system. Not even wired for it. Neither had the code before swap. Is the engine calling for the BCM to look for it?
This is not a conversion or computer related issue.

Check your vacuum hose plumbing and connections to the purge solenoid (behind the right headlight 98-01, or next to the master cylinder 02-04)...that is the only component that you mess with during the conversion that could possibly cause a LDP system related code, especially if the lines are hooked up backwards.

These cars do have a leak detection system, like tom says, it is on the side of the fuel tank, but I am guessing your problem is with the plumbing or purge solenoid, since it was not there before the swap, or its a coincidence that the LDP solenoid is faulty on both cars.

I have never seen one without a LDP system, but if indeed it does not have one, and you swapped a pcm/ecm out...then the new pcm/ecm is probably looking for the LDP system, so solution there would be to install the original 2.7 ecm and leave it at that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1494 1495 ldp

As I said before, neither of these cars was orininally equiped with a LDP. THe service manual even shows the vent plumbing at the fuel tank with, and without LDP. THis is without. Also, The wireing at C508 is not present to support the LDP. Also, neither had the pump mounted on the purge canister or any sign that there ever was one. I will triple check the plumbing at the purge selonoid but it matches the emmisions label. Thanks for answering!!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,976 Posts
Here is a diagram of the LDP on these cars:

snodad said:
As I said before, neither of these cars was orininally equiped with a LDP. THe service manual even shows the vent plumbing at the fuel tank with, and without LDP. THis is without. Also, The wireing at C508 is not present to support the LDP. Also, neither had the pump mounted on the purge canister or any sign that there ever was one. I will triple check the plumbing at the purge selonoid but it matches the emmisions label. Thanks for answering!!
That will be a first for me, in 150+ swaps I have never seen one without an LDP system. Maybe a canadian or export thing?

Did you swap the ECM's? What years were the cars, and what year engines went into them?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, thats what they look like if so equiped. THere are two pictures in the service manual. One with and one without. Also, original ECM's. Last one I sent out the ecm and had the LDP circuit programed out. It didn't look for it until I did the swap. Just like this one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First one was a 2000 intrepid that I installed a 1999 3.2 from a concorde lxi. Second one is a 1999 concorde that I installed a 3.5L H.O. from a 2001 Intrepid R/T. I have a 1999 300m sitting in the driveway that was hit in the rear and is awaiting a "body Donor". It HAS the LDP installed so I am aware of the system component locations. I have to think that somehow the engine is askining the ECM for info it can't provide but don't understand why/how. Kind of like the power steering pressure switch not being present after a swap, but in reverse. Like I said, the first one I sent the ECM to a guy in Florida who reprogrammed the ecm to not show the fault but I don't understand why it is looking for it after the swap???

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,976 Posts
First one was a 2000 intrepid that I installed a 1999 3.2 from a concorde lxi. Second one is a 1999 concorde that I installed a 3.5L H.O. from a 2001 Intrepid R/T. I have a 1999 300m sitting in the driveway that was hit in the rear and is awaiting a "body Donor". It HAS the LDP installed so I am aware of the system component locations. I have to think that somehow the engine is askining the ECM for info it can't provide but don't understand why/how. Kind of like the power steering pressure switch not being present after a swap, but in reverse. Like I said, the first one I sent the ECM to a guy in Florida who reprogrammed the ecm to not show the fault but I don't understand why it is looking for it after the swap???
Honestly never ran into this. Never saw an LH without one. Maybe a different emissions option, that is not very common, not sure. What you have is the computer still looking for the LDP. The engine doesnt have the capability to look, or "ask" for it. Yes, this condition would be similar to the power steering switch case,

If it is looking for it after the swap, sounds like they didnt do it right. If its all computer resources out of Miami I am pretty frustrated with them at the moment on a Jeep ecm. LOL.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,016 Posts
What's the part # on the PCM you have in the car now?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haven't had it out to look but here is an update: The 300M that I baught for a future conversion that is from wisconsin, I thought I would take the pump out of it for the concorde and cure the missing pump prob. . IT DOESN"T HAVE THE PUMP EITHER!!! Called the chrysler dealer for the part number of the pump and they asked for my VIN. Gave them all three, and they said that that part of the parts list was grayed out meaning it did not apply. What is causing the swap engine to ask the stock pcm to look for the LTP\ on a car that never had it? Help!!!

·
Woober Goobers!
51,016 Posts
Get the PCM part # and we'll go from there.

I take it both of these swaps were from a 2.7L to a 3.2/3.5L? You're using the original 2.7L PCM in both cases? You used the engine wiring harness that came with the donor engines?

·
Woober Goobers!
51,016 Posts
OK...I see this now: "First one was a 2000 intrepid that I installed a 1999 3.2 from a concorde lxi. Second one is a 1999 concorde that I installed a 3.5L H.O. from a 2001 Intrepid R/T."

In 2001 they started changing the wiring to prepare for the single unit PCM/TCM. I believe in 2001 was where they started routing the ambient temp sensor through the PCM instead of the BCM. I'm sure there are other wiring changes as well. Wondering when you installed the 3.5L and assuming you used the engine harness that came with it that there isn't some issues with the wiring regarding the SRV/MTV that isn't found on the 2.7L. Inputs/Outputs that changed pin locations? Did you change any wiring harnesses besides the engine one?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get the PCM part # and we'll go from there.

I take it both of these swaps were from a 2.7L to a 3.2/3.5L? You're using the original 2.7L PCM in both cases? You used the engine wiring harness that came with the donor engines?
Yep, original harnesses, will get back to you whe I can quit driving it and get the P/N

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK...I see this now: "First one was a 2000 intrepid that I installed a 1999 3.2 from a concorde lxi. Second one is a 1999 concorde that I installed a 3.5L H.O. from a 2001 Intrepid R/T."

In 2001 they started changing the wiring to prepare for the single unit PCM/TCM. I believe in 2001 was where they started routing the ambient temp sensor through the PCM instead of the BCM. I'm sure there are other wiring changes as well. Wondering when you installed the 3.5L and assuming you used the engine harness that came with it that there isn't some issues with the wiring regarding the SRV/MTV that isn't found on the 2.7L. Inputs/Outputs that changed pin locations? Did you change any wiring harnesses besides the engine one?

It was a direct swap from a 2.7l to a 3.2L used original wirieng harness furnished with engine. What would cause a oriniginal PCM to look for a LTP? when it wasn't equiped with one to begin with. Remember, 2nd. time.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,976 Posts
It was a direct swap from a 2.7l to a 3.2L used original wirieng harness furnished with engine. What would cause a oriniginal PCM to look for a LTP? when it wasn't equiped with one to begin with. Remember, 2nd. time.
If the original PCM is looking for the LDP, and it is verified that it is the original, then the car was built with one, LDP is missing maybe.

Nothing to do with the swap could change that....unless you changed harnesses, other than the engine harness (like the forward harness etc) and they didnt have LDP wiring. 3.2 engine harness wont have any LDP wiring in it---there are no LDP circuits going thru the engine harness. Only thing that is related to the LDP system and goes thru the engine harness would be the purge valve.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,976 Posts
Haven't had it out to look but here is an update: The 300M that I baught for a future conversion that is from wisconsin, I thought I would take the pump out of it for the concorde and cure the missing pump prob. . IT DOESN"T HAVE THE PUMP EITHER!!! Called the chrysler dealer for the part number of the pump and they asked for my VIN. Gave them all three, and they said that that part of the parts list was grayed out meaning it did not apply. What is causing the swap engine to ask the stock pcm to look for the LTP\ on a car that never had it? Help!!!
Have you crawled under the car to verify the pump is not there? It is a pretty common problem up there for those to go bad IME, are you sure someone didnt rob the canister/LDP assembly off of the car?

Like I said, something in the details are wrong here, because the engine is incapable of "asking" for the LDP. The only thing that could "ask" for it would be the ECM.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
I like Dan,, have never seen one without the pump

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The part number on the PCM is 4896203AC.
The canister is there and it has the diferent style breather as it should for the non LDP equiped version. Also, it does not have the vent line come to the intake. Only one vent and that goes to the purge sol. Again, believe it or not, the 300m I bought for parts recently IS ALSO NOT EQUIPED WITH LDP. Like the Corde, it has the canister and breather but no pump.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts