DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
nice nice nice....looks really good :biggrin:

·
9,861 Posts
Excelent install. I like your speaker panels in your doors (just like mine). Also like all the LEDs is a nice, and unique touch. Installing the amps on the pasengers side floor was creative. My only complants are the front speakers. I would of gotten some comps...and not pioneers.

·
Registered
475 Posts
those fans don't blow onto your passenger's legs do they?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trust me. The revs are good speakers. I chose them over directed studio comps, pg comps and kenwood excelons.
People think pioneer speakers = krap, but these things are comparable to other "competition worthy" speakers.

·
9,861 Posts
BeRad said:
Trust me. The revs are good speakers. I chose them over directed studio comps, pg comps and kenwood excelons.
Have you ever heard DEI Studios?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Never turn it up in VA. Some bonehead politician is tired of hearing stereos in car, WHILE he's watching TV. Apparently they drive by his house. Anyways, he's proposing a bill to OUTLAW stereo systems in car that can be HEARD from 50 ft away. :angry:

When are these idiots gonna stop telling us what to do and when to do it? :angry:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hypnos: Yes, a buddy of mine has the studios in his car, so i hooked them up to my amp. They just didn't give me the overall sound I was looking for. Much better imaging that's for shure. If I was going with a bit more power and a midbass system, I definately would have gone that way. But the revs all around using the decks auto eq and timing alignment work best for me.

As for the moisture getting in the amps... The amps are mounted on 1/2 inch plywood which sits on the floor pannel (sound dedening and carpet removed) So if water builds up in there, it wouldn't touch the amps till it reached about 1.5 liters my guess. I also keep it covered in the winter with a deep rubber floor mat and try to clean it as much as i can. It isn't exactly one piece. I'll try to remember to take some pictures of the thing apart next time i open it up. (Want to do some minor changes)

One nice thing about the setup, Will not go anywhere. In order to take out the amps, i gotta take out the seat! :)

... I think in the summer the girlfriend will have to start taking off her shoes before getting in. Getting some fine rocks scratching the plexi.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Won't crap get in where those fans are? near the passenger sear (they look like computer style L.E.D Fans, is that what they are?) really nice setup though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have filters under the fans. Yes they are computer fans. The beauty is that all computer mod stuff will work in the car. Both 12V DC applications.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Very nice, the neons are the perfect color, well my favorite, but still looks hot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NOT NEONS!!!! sorry

they are all led's 5mm on the amps. 3mm on front speakers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts