DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watch this video of a 15 y/o KID tryin to outrun the KS Police!! Click here

Freakin moron! :eek:

What's even funnier... the car this punk was driving just broke down HAHA!

·
Registered
93 Posts
They lied about this. I read an article about how "America's scariest police chases" had said that this kid's stolen car broke down. But in reality he escaped the police, and that's why the video doesn't show the cops catching the kid. The cops don't take lightly to being beaten. :) He fought the law, and the law lost. But when it comes to television, you have to have a happy ending. It's the basis of American TV. :p

Edit: It's true if they only showed the ones where they got away everyone would run, but saying the police are elite and "always get their man" is just ignorant.

·
Registered
515 Posts
So many people get away from the police. For a 15 year old, that kid is a good driver. They always show the ones where the police win because if they showed the ones where people get away, then everyone would try to run.

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you look at the frames when the kid slams on the brakes before crossing the median, it's the exact same footage they use when he "breaks down" (look at the sign on the right side of the road off in the distance, for one thing), but it's slowed down when they show it the 2nd time to make it look like he's stopping slowly.

Obviously that was just edited by the people who did the show, but it does make you wonder if they got him or not. You'd think all the police cars in that chase had cameras, so what happened to the footage from the other ones?

·
Registered
93 Posts
White97Sport said:
so what happened to the footage from the other ones?
That's what I was thinking!

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
That was pretty good driving for a 15 y/o. "Numerous lane change violations..." don' they have anything better to do? I mean I imagine the cop had both his feet on the go peddal to keep up.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,870 Posts
White97Sport said:
If you look at the frames when the kid slams on the brakes before crossing the median, it's the exact same footage they use when he "breaks down" (look at the sign on the right side of the road off in the distance, for one thing), but it's slowed down when they show it the 2nd time to make it look like he's stopping slowly.

Obviously that was just edited by the people who did the show, but it does make you wonder if they got him or not. You'd think all the police cars in that chase had cameras, so what happened to the footage from the other ones?
They probably didn't have cams in all the cars. I don't think they were all HP - if you listen to the radio some were local.
But, ya, it's the same footage ...

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
all cop cars have cameras now..if the campus cops at my school have em, everyone does...but that is one good 15 yo driver...lets sign him up for F1

·
Mopar or No Car
7,870 Posts
irishred said:
all cop cars have cameras now..if the campus cops at my school have em, everyone does...but that is one good 15 yo driver...lets sign him up for F1
Maybe all the cop cars in FL have them but when was the last time you were in MO or KS???
Super Troopers sure - but little towns with less than 10,000 population ...???

·
Registered
605 Posts
LvngInXile said:
If they didn't catch him how did they know he was a 15 year old? :huh:
The owner may have seen him stealing the car?

The cops guessed on his age?

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I'm sorry, but I find it kinda funny that the officer pulled up next to the kid and yelled "Give Up!" at him. What did that officer think the kid was going to do? In basketball terminology, that kid made the officer "break an ankle" when he faked him out. I'm suprised the officer's car didn't start rolling over.

I guess that teaches the officer that even though you might have a modded LT1 that can catch an M3, you can't out-maneuver or out-brake the M3. That LT1 had so much more space to hit his brakes than the kid in the M3 did, and he couldn't stop in time. Imagine if it wasn't a 15 year old in the car, but someone who really knew how to drive the car.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
i dont think its so much the handling as much as the kid running into the cop...he didnt fake...he rammed him...dont you think the cop wasnt trying to stop, maybe preparing for the kid to re-accelerate and leave hte cop sitting still? and btw...a Dodge Ram dually stops within 3 feet of an M3 60-0...check motor trend's truck test a while back

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I don't know which video you watched, but the officer said that the kid motioned with his shoulders as if he was going to turn into the officer. The kid didn't actually turn at the officer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts