DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track today. I ran a 16.4 my first run against an LT1 camaro, 2nd run against the same car was 16.3 then different cars i ran here are the rest of my times, 16.6, 16.2, 16.13, 16.106 I wasn't completely impressed with my car but i was satisfied.

I ran with no intake at all, just throttle body's, and no exhaust at all just out of the pre-cats. Thats all that was done to my car, and i ran 16.106 with a RT of .205 so not to bad, i raced a grand prix gt on that race, he got me off the line but i caught him pretty quick and passed him. I ran total of 6 times and won twice. I am hoping for mid 15's after i up my compression and a few little other mods...

Clayton

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i was really hoping for breaking into the 15's but i didn't so i'm gonna do some stuff before i go back and hopefully i should be in the 15's....

I'm gonna slap on some high compression heads something like 11:1, throttle body spacers, and hopfully get the car lowered.. I think i will be into the 15's by then.

I know for a fact that running open throttle body's helps out, with open throttle body's i ran 16.1 my best. With my full intake system on i ran 16.6 best. So if you go to the track pull off all the intake, it does help!

Clayton

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Yeah, i was really hoping for breaking into the 15's but i didn't so i'm gonna do some stuff before i go back and hopefully i should be in the 15's....

I'm gonna slap on some high compression heads something like 11:1, throttle body spacers, and hopfully get the car lowered.. I think i will be into the 15's by then.

I know for a fact that running open throttle body's helps out, with open throttle body's i ran 16.1 my best. With my full intake system on i ran 16.6 best. So if you go to the track pull off all the intake, it does help!

Clayton
Unless the race track is spotless, I wouldn't recommend that. One of the track I go to has a dirt road that we have to use after each run. You don't want to suck any dirt in the engine....Good times by the way :bigok:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, but this is all paved road, there where all kinds of cars out there running with no intake at all.. I wasn't to worrie about it, the air was very clean...

Clayton

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
One of the track I go to has a dirt road that we have to use after each run. You don't want to suck any dirt in the engine....Good times by the way :bigok:
I bet the guys making some real horsepower with the 10" wide slicks just love that dirt road lol.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I bet the guys making some real horsepower with the 10" wide slicks just love that dirt road lol.
Oh yeah!! They drive very, very slow. Trust me....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts