DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a Ford guy, but I do like those old-school looking wheels that the Mustang Bullet has. Even though these wheels are off a rear-wheeled car, they also fit the front-wheeled Intrepid! With the nice polished lip and grey colored center, these look really good on the Intrepid, especially with the red paint on my Intrepid. I had the guy put Falkins 245/45/17's. I did look different, but there was not a person on the showroom floor and the wheel store did did not like the look. I am thinking to put these on the old famous LAYAWAY!! :D
I forgot to take my digital camera for a picture :(

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Of course he means "Bullitt" the spring feature GT for 2001. :)

Those wheels are awesome...makes me wish I had the cash for a mineral grey GT with those rims...drool...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wheels are $95 each; $411.50 for the whole set including California tax. I think it is a steal. Oh by the way, they are brand new!!! :D

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
$95 each eh? Sound like knock off's to me.

The Ford catalog has them listed for $250 each and the cheapest I have seen them online is $205 at www.tirerack.com. Unless you wouldn't mind getting knock-offs I'd do a little research on the ones that place is selling.

·
Registered
61 Posts
They are called Torque Thrust's .They are made by American Racing. You can get a full polished one as well. Dunno if they make any to fit the Mopars

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I remember this post from a while ago...I was going to post that they would fit because I saw an Intrepid last week with the 1994 optional 17" Mustang 3 spoke rims. (Yeah, the ugly ones that looked like they were overgrown Probe rims)

I'm sure they look great...as for the price of $95...I don't think those babie's are Ford.

The American Racing Wheels aren't painted grey like the Mustang rims are they? Aren't they all chrome? :confused:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Around here they only have the torque thrust's in polished aluminum.... you can order them to fit the intrepid cause i almost got them but found a better deal on the ones i got....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Aren't those 16's though?
cause i almost got them but found a better deal on the ones i got....

·
Registered
169 Posts
What do you think?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
these may not be the REAL deal, But for $95 where else are you going to get nice looking 17" wheels. It is better than putting on some of those stupid looking RICER wheels for a lot more money. I am going to call and find out if they are the fake kind. :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey "BRUNO", that picture does not do any justice to how really good the car looks with these wheels. I will try to get some pictures of my car with these wheels. You got this picture from Tire Rack?? :eek:

·
Registered
61 Posts
The polished ones are Torque Thrust 2s. You can get them in rough cast (grey) center as well. The TT2's come in ,I think 14-17 inch. I think they look better on older cars.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I think these wheels belong on older MOPARS. MUSCLE MOPARS. American Racing does offer many diffrent variations to the BULLIT wheels. How ever you want them, they got 'em. I personally prefer the KRAGER SS MAGS! Those are rad. They have a newer version of the SS MAGS and look awesome. I'm planing on getting 20's in the future.

980 Series S/S Super Sport

• One-piece aluminum
• Chrome or silver paint
• Cap included
• Lug nuts not included, order separately
• 980 Series wheels require conical seat (acorn) style lug nuts.
• JWL approved

:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
219 Posts
The ones you got.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts