DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the clearcoat is corroding on my factory alloys, and I need tires. how convenient! but I'm having a hard time deciding between 17 or 18". will the 18" ride too rough?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
20's ;)

·
Registered
715 Posts
I say get the 18's. to fill out the wheel wells a little more. I wouldnt think there wouldnt be that much of a difference in ride quality. If anything i think the 18's would roll better down the road than the 17's My guess tho once you get over 18 or 19" thats when the ride might become more stiff.

my thoughts, and i ride on the ES wheels. so i wouldnt really know for sure

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Danimal217 said:
I say get the 18's. to fill out the wheel wells a little more.
How will 18's fill out the wheel wells more? The tire will be shorter so that the overall diameter is the same. Unless you go with a taller tire at the same time, but that will throw off the speedo.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Warlord187 said:
How will 18's fill out the wheel wells more? The tire will be shorter so that the overall diameter is the same. Unless you go with a taller tire at the same time, but that will throw off the speedo.
I think he means the rims will fill it more... 18's vs 17's.... not really the wheel and tires together. ALSO!!! PLEASE REMEMBER! If you go with 18's or 17's, get FACE/FLUSH rims.... NOT deep dish/lip/inset wheels. Meaning, the rims are flush with the tire versus having a more inset look. Reason being, they look smaller if you do. The face/flush rims will look bigger. Mine are 18's and I noticed a stiffer ride compared to the stock 16's... it really depends on how much rubber you put on them. The reccommended tire size for 18's is much bigger than my 245/45/18 's.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Intrep_ED said:
Thats what I liked about my wheels. They have the look of both, deep dish, while the spokes come flush with the outside of the wheel...
dude, those are 20's right?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I had to go with the flush rims. The rims with lips look smaller than they actually are.

I actually don't find the 20's ride THAT rough compared to the stock 17's. I mean, they ARE rougher, but not THAT much rougher.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have had stock 16", then 18", I did notice a difference at first but I got the eibach springs and the new wheels at the same time.

And then I went up to 20"

I like the look better with the larger wheel, it actually rides really smooth with the 20" until you hit a rough patch, but on a nice highway, smooth and handles great.

Charles

1 - 20 of 72 Posts