DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for some rims. With the size of our vehicles, i would say 18 would be the smallest that would look right. I found a set of 10 spoke gun metal rims i like for a good price. But I wonder what difference 18's would make. Does anyone have any feedback on what to expect? pros-cons kinda answers? i apreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did factor that in, but was thinkin about issues with scraping, undercarriage damage etc. or even turning radius. Thanks for the imput tho, had hoped since was after all an Intrepid site, would get more input tho.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would it be advisable to maybe spruce up the suspension? for the rims sake?

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
no, because if you do it correctly and get the proper wheel tire combo, you will have the same overall height and close to the same width. As long as the wheel has the proper backspacing, it will be a perfect fit, and no issues.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
A lot of people have put 20" rims on these cars. Of course the tires are very small. Like dabirdz said, if you get the right rim/tire combo to keep the overall diameter the same, than you are good to go.

Here is a pic of the stock 17" rims on the front axle, and the aftermarket 18" rims on the rear axle. Keep in mind the car has been lowered.

http://intrepidrt.brianchase.us/pics/wheelcomparo.jpg

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
great pix! thanks, think I got it now..

·
Registered
795 Posts
The problem is the larger the rim = smaller the sidewall. (plus higher weight and cost I guess). I don't really notice to much of a differance between my 18" and stock, but 20's got to make for a bumpy ride, no? And the thought of hitting one of the monster potholes around here gives me the shivvers!

in my sig I have 18" rims .... not lowered yet :barf: (I hate that gap)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts