DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like something to hook my laptop up to at home.

Would a HDTV work out well? Or should I really stick to a monitor?

Rob

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
If you can get both in one, that'll be your best bet. Some LCD TV's do have a VGA input. However, if you're talking about using a TV out from your laptop to an HDTV, the quality will be inferior compared to using a VGA connection. On top of that, if you're getting a widescreen TV and using the TV out, either the picture will be stretched or you won't be using up the whole screen (kinda like watching regular TV shows on a widescreen TV).

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm afraid of using a TV out from an S-Video port or anything because of a previous experience with a blurry signal on a TV (couldn't read the font). The LCD TV I would buy would have a VGA input.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG, I ended up buying both..........the 32" TV is AWESOME, looks like a giant version of the laptop screen, but better refresh rate :)

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Avenger said:
OMG, I ended up buying both..........the 32" TV is AWESOME, looks like a giant version of the laptop screen, but better refresh rate :)
Both??? You must not be married and have no kids!! :eek7:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
remember that most HDTV LCD screens max out at 768 pixels vertical, anything else they do is through re-interpolation of incoming signal.

SCEPTRE screens (and those OEMd by whomever onws the Polaroid and Westinghouse brndnames) will do 1080p nativly. Those additional 300 pixels (vertical) make a world of difference.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[QUOTE='98-ESer]remember that most HDTV LCD screens max out at 768 pixels vertical, anything else they do is through re-interpolation of incoming signal.

SCEPTRE screens (and those OEMd by whomever onws the Polaroid and Westinghouse brndnames) will do 1080p nativly. Those additional 300 pixels (vertical) make a world of difference.[/QUOTE]

YUP, it's 768 vertical. 1378 x 768 or something like that.

And..........I have no wife or kids :p I AM a university student, but with no government assistance or scholarships :( .......otherwise the R/T would have a bodykit by now :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts