DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 ES that is still in wonderful shape, but the paint job is horrible. Flaking clearcoat, terrible oxidation. I have heard that Dodge is replacing some of the paint jobs. Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
890 Posts
yeah you are right mine is the same way i guess people font care enough to wax them im looking into a paint job been doone to it please tell me what youre talking about

is it a recall or what

·
Registered
502 Posts
This was/still is a big issue with a lot of older Chrysler cars. The mid 90's had the most problems with the paint peeling.

I found a most-interesting thread on a bulletin board one time for the minivan market that was having this problem. I guess Chrysler doesn't have much time to invest with dealing with customers one-on-one. They give you the run around of finding an estimate of how much it would cost to repaint the car, then submit it to Chrysler for approval, etc.

Most people found that by threatening to Chrysler in small-claims court was the easiest way to get a paint job out of the company. My 94 has no problems, of course I keep it waxed throughout the year. Perhaps try some searches on the Internet for "peeling cart paint' or something to that effect.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey atf so youre saying if i complain to the chrysler company can get a free apint job Beacuse my cleaycoat is peeling and i plan to repaint it and so i talked to them and they said it would cost$1,200 money ios not a problem but id rather get it for free or at a lesser cost please reply or email me okay.

i changed my mind on getting airbags because i plan to get a tv in my car but i will find information for you

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
we had a 92 caravan that was almost naked on the top becasue of the paint peeling.. now the driverside.. just past the rear door is peelin on my car.. i was told by a buddy who was a body guy at tate dodge.. that if i go ***** i should get a new paint job..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts