DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright it was a nice day so I figured I would toss the new glove box in the car because the old one was jammed leaving it half open and half shut and would drain the battery if I didn't shove a piece of paper in there. So fixed that because I had a new one laying around that I bought a while back. So anyway down to the point I fixed it and it gave me hope in the car again lol. Its in limp mode it went in limp mode one day after driving for a while went to get on highway and all hell broke loose it has been in limp mode every sense it never bump shifted or anything. The Gauges work fine and it shifts great until you get to second then it just stay's there

I took it to aamco and let them test it and they said the tranny is bad, and they'd replace it for 1400. But its old its not really worth all that so my question for yall is after searhing the forums I am thinking maybe its the transmission solenoid but Like other people have said I dont want to spend 200 and it not do any help. So is there anyway around it? Can you test it somehow?

Anyone have any pictures of the location of the transmission solenoid I found one in a search but its not the best.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
To be totally sure, have the Dealer scan the transmission for any codes. That saved our 94' Grand Voyager from a new transmission when it turned out to be a bad selinoid pack, may not be the same for your car. Have it scanned to find out what the problem really is, instead of throwing parts at it.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Did they tell you specifically what was wrong? I've heard many AAMCO horror stories before. They might have just taken your 45 bucks and wrote down some garbage. That happned to my friend's mom's 96' Caravan when her transmission was acting up and was in limp mode. They 'Scanned' it and said it needed a complete overhaul. I told her to bring it to me (when I was working at the dodge dealer) and I ran a CVI and DRB II scan, and turned out one of the imput sensors was going bad and the fluid was a bit dark. Changed the sensor and fluid. The transmission was like new. I don't think AAMCO even scanned her transmission. The dealer should be able to scan the trans for CVIs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts