DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I wish it was my concern. When my concord gets a certain temp, it goes into limp home mode. I found a new solenoid pack for $80. Going to attempt to install myself, any pointers?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I wish it was my concern. When my concord gets a certain temp, it goes into limp home mode. I found a new solenoid pack for $80. Going to attempt to install myself, any pointers?
Um I don't know what to expect entirely. I have worked on transmissions but I don't know the particular location and such. I'll get back to you when I get back from work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I done some research, I just want to be 100% sure on what I’m doing as I never done this particular job before.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay just to confirm it is the 42LE A606 transmission correct?
Also what repairs have you done yourself? Or better put, you have experience working on car right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it’s the 42LE, the only thing I have done so far was change fluid and filter. I have experience turning wrenches yes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The trans pan is on the bottom right? If it is like the intrepids how it is installed then I'll take a look when I get home but if it is on the bottom it should be easy to get to.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Oil Capacity
Transmission Sump . . . . . . . . . 9.4 Liters (9.9 qts.)
Differential Sump . . . . . . . . . . 0.95 Liters (1.0 qts.)
Oil Type
Transmission Sump . . . . Mopart ATF+4 Type 9602
Differential Sump . . . Mopart Fuel Saving 75W-90
Petroleum Based Hypoid Gear Lube

Automatic Transaxle – Estimated Service
Fill . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4.3 L (4.5 qts.)
Automatic Transaxle – Overhaul Fill Capacity
with Torque Converter Empty . . . 9.4 L (9.9 qts.)
Differential . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.95 L (1 qt.)

The "Service Fill" would be for a pan drop and fluid/filter change. So 4.5 quarts for service (basically buy 5 quarts.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry for not responding it has been a hectic few days. I would be careful because, speaking from experience, transmissions can be nasty little bastards. you definitely need to lift her up drain first then loosen bolts on the end nearest the drain bolt to angle the pan. when researching there was something about park cable or something id definitely be aware of that. I bet you have already seen the video but ill link it here this dude has been a lifesaver for me in the past.. take your time and be patient no need to rush and cause more damage. I wish you luck on this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I finally attacked and completed the solenoid replacement. I missed one vital step. I didn’t put the shifter in L gear, possibly bent the parking sprag rod, so here I go again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry man that is the worst.
I wish you the best. My intrepid has given me nothing but problems. Fix one and another one arises... hope you didn't bend anything too bad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’m hoping it’s just not in the correct place. From the video I was watching it has a bit of play, but hey positive note, I know what to expect now. Swimming in more tranny fluid. 👍

1 - 20 of 23 Posts