DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 Intrepid ES with 95K miles, leather interior, most options, garage kept, well maintained over the years, original owner. Not perfect, but overall it's in very good condition. Would anyone have an idea of the value? Not sure what to do with it. Wouldn't take much to make it really nice. Any input appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Probably next to nothing. There's no market value for these cars anymore. I've seen the same first and second gens posted on Kijiji in my area countless times. One guy had his 95 Vision with 60000 kilometers listed for $7500 - then it went down to $6900 (I told him he was nuts and that he wouldn't get $1000 for it). Now that ad is down, but it won't surprise me if it pops up again a few months later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info. The existence of "dodgeintrepid.net" makes me think that there are some people who like these cars. Not looking to retire from selling it. Would like it to go to someone who appreciates it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Honestly, Don't listen to D725U, there are some who appreciate them. I wouldn't ever sell a clean first gen for $1000. (And that's coming from someone who sold their 97 with 250K miles on it for $1600 within the last year and a half) That is absolutely not the case here in Michigan at least...The problem is the car market right now is collapsing before our eyes. 15k repos a month. Everyone is broke!
IMO keep it! Make it nice and keep it maintained for if you want to keep it as another vehicle or wait till someone comes along who appreciates it and you know will take care of it. Not many left in great condition!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Honestly, Don't listen to D725U, there are some who appreciate them.
Where did I say that I didn't appreciate them? I've got a long history with the LH platform and I still daily drive my 94 Concorde. The reality is the market value for a nearly 30-year-old FWD Chrysler product is non-existent. Maybe in the States there might be some takers on a car that old, but in my area of Southern Ontario, Canada (where the LH cars were built) there's no interest. I attribute that to two things - (1) most insurance companies in Ontario won't insure a car that is over 20 years old, and it's illegal to drive a car without a valid insurance policy in Ontario and (2) the LH sedans are maintenance hungry and parts availability can be a pain. Steering bushings and water pumps have been the biggest headaches for me over the 10+ years I've owned my 94. Then of course there's rust.

With all that said, I agree that the OP is far better off keeping his 94 going than trying to sell it. It's always good to see these cars running and driving.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Where did I say that I didn't appreciate them? I've got a long history with the LH platform and I still daily drive my 94 Concorde. The reality is the market value for a nearly 30-year-old FWD Chrysler product is non-existent. Maybe in the States there might be some takers on a car that old, but in my area of Southern Ontario, Canada (where the LH cars were built) there's no interest. I attribute that to two things - (1) most insurance companies in Ontario won't insure a car that is over 20 years old, and it's illegal to drive a car without a valid insurance policy in Ontario and (2) the LH sedans are maintenance hungry and parts availability can be a pain. Steering bushings and water pumps have been the biggest headaches for me over the 10+ years I've owned my 94. Then of course there's rust.

With all that said, I agree that the OP is far better off keeping his 94 going than trying to sell it. It's always good to see these cars running and driving.
Forgive me for that sentence coming off like I was saying you do not appreciate them. That is not what I meant. I was more so insinuating that there are people that appreciate them and would pay more than someone who doesn't. I did not know that insurance companies in Ontario were stinkers about that! Learned something new today!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have a 1994 Intrepid ES with 95K miles, leather interior, most options, garage kept, well maintained over the years, original owner. Not perfect, but overall it's in very good condition. Would anyone have an idea of the value? Not sure what to do with it. Wouldn't take much to make it really nice. Any input appreciated. Thanks
The aftermarket on these aren't great but nice ones can still bring some decent money. A really incredible sub 1000 mile 94 Concorde went up for sale and only sold for 11k initially. It'll probably take some time to find thr right buyer but when you do, I bet you'll get some decent money for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts