DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1994, intrepid ES, 3.5L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement dipstick or should I just go with a universal one? I have no idea what happened to the original it has been missing ever since I got the car. it leaks a bit of oil and I just want to make sure I don't run low.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dealerships might still have some floating around in their parts inventory. Could be pricey.

·
Dain bramaged
7,289 Posts
I would doubt dealers have them still, you'll probably have to end up getting one off ebay or from a junkyard. Can't hurt to call your local dealer just to check though.

·
Premium Member
17,791 Posts
Verify it by part number so the add and full marks are at the correct level.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Since OP's Intrepid is a 94, he likely has the dipstick with the black handle. The "newer" ones with the yellow handle are the same - that's what I'm using on my 94. I bought mine at the dealer - although that was over five years ago.

·
Registered
1994, intrepid ES, 3.5L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since OP's Intrepid is a 94, he likely has the dipstick with the black handle. The "newer" ones with the yellow handle are the same - that's what I'm using on my 94. I bought mine at the dealer - although that was over five years ago.
It should not be this hard to track one down lol. I have been looking for the past week or so and allof them say they wont fit, but i dont know if the websites is wrong or if it really wont. Do you know if this one will work? Oil Dipstick - 917-323 by DORMAN (OE SOLUTIONS) on PartsAvatar.ca

·
Woober Goobers!
51,468 Posts
Long discontinued. Junkyard may be the only source. Vintage parts doesn't recognize that part number.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dorman sucks (their lugnuts are OK). I had Dorman windshield wiper arms - springs had no tension after a few months. Kept replacing them until the warranty ran out - then I purchased a set of used OEM wiper arms from a scrapped LHS. Still using them to this day. Their harmonic balancers are crap, too.

It should not be this hard to track one down lol.
It isn't. You're making it hard. I bought mine from Cooksville Dodge in Mississauga, Ontario (albeit it was some time ago). If you can't find a new factory one then take Ronbo's advice and hit some scrap yards. Or you can call National Moparts in Beaverton, Ontario - they cater strictly to older Chrysler products. They might still have some LH stuff in their yard. That's where I got my wiper arms and some other minor goodies for my 94.

·
Premium Member
17,791 Posts
I had mentioned part number so that it could be verified to be the right part if found in the used market (assuming the part number is stamped on the part).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts