DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, my spouses car which she has kept in great shape over the years. Just ran into a situation which strikes me as bizarre, but after a few hours on the 'Net and talking with a couple of garages, we might have reached the end of the line for an unbelievable reason: the left rear brake backing plate seems to exist nowhere on the planet. I know they didn't make a lot of these Eagles, but surely, I thought, they share wheel assemblies with other LH vehicles (and, don't call me Shirley). Seems a shame to walk away from a car for lack of a $40 part! Any help, greatly appreciated!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
So what's the part number? Disc or Drum brakes? The rest of your post doesn't provide much info!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what's the part number? Disc or Drum brakes? The rest of your post doesn't provide much info!
Yeah, sorry -I'm at work, getting ready to travel; just wanted to get this out there so I could tell my bride that I'm working on it. I'll add more later from the Haynes manual; not sure it has a part # in Haynes - never found a reference on-line. Left rear has disk brakes, plus the emergency brake drum, etc. Sorry for the inadequate info and thanks for the response! Best -- Jim

·
Registered
168 Posts
not just eagle vision but same as alot of othe rmodels too... they are far from rare... even i can find some early 90s LH platform car parts around here.. not a PCM for a 93 95 3.3L i need currently. around this area anyays. but surely some yard or person would mail you one. at the very least. car-part.com junkyard searches. what happened to your backing plate? never heard of nay issues problems with this part on these cars specifically hmmm. haynes isnt gonna tell you anything specifically especially part numbers for that you need dealer chrysler supplied info. or possibly hollanders. haynes is a noobie kinda manual. very basic non-specific and generic repairs to broadly cover all the models and years

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Does your car have ABS? Also are you talking about the Brake Shield or the Disc Brake Adapter?

The Brake shield is just a thin circular disc to keep water and crap out.

The Disc Brake Adapter is more of a bracket

Both are available but they're over $100 each.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does your car have ABS? Also are you talking about the Brake Shield or the Disc Brake Adapter?

The Brake shield is just a thin circular disc to keep water and crap out.

The Disc Brake Adapter is more of a bracket

Both are available but they're over $100 each.
Any 93-97 Disc equipped LH will work for that part I am 90% sure.
Eagle has (non-functioning ABS, disk brakes. Agree that there is a high degree of cross over parts in the LH series, but can't find anyone with an Eagle parts catalog.

I haven't been underneath - taking mechanics word (has been reliable in the past). From his description, it is a structural element. Mymoparpart.com shows that Part Number 4728111, BACKING PLATE. BRAKE. SHIELD. Splash guard. Splash shield. Doesn't look structural to me!

The $100 price isn't a problem - spouse is talking "new-used" vehicle if I can't get this one running. Parts place is supposed to advise fit after I provide VIV (2E3HD56T9SH558606). Waiting to hear! Thanks for response...

Part is shown at mymoparpart.com/a/49335746__6032398/DISC-BRAKES-BRAKE-COMPONENTS-REAR-SUSPENSION/NP01455.html

Attachments

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Item #11 4728111 is just the shield. You would probably be looking for item #10 which they're showing as discontinued. For the left side it's 5073649AA That holds all the hardware for the parking brake, etc.

Looks like they can be found on Ebay and RockAuto for around $225.

I think some of the parts diagrams show the shield and bracket together which can be confusing.

You need to show your mechanic that diagram and ask which part it is that he's talking about.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks! I'll take it down and see which he's talking about. JW
Get a photo of item with a finger pointing or touching item needed.

Once again, any 93-97 LH (intrepid,Vision,New Yorker,LHS,Concorde) should fit with disc brakes. ABS may have different hub for tone ring which is only pause.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ronbo & JumpDrive - Don't really care about the ABS - I drove my '94 Jeep ZJ without it for 10 years - light finally burned out. Mechanic identified Dodge Part # 4728111 (SHIELD Brake, SHIELD, Rear Disc Brake (Dust), Left) as the part needing replacement. Number of sites claim to have that part, but their exploded parts diagram does not match their thumbnails in many cases (most show the right rear).

MyMoparpart.com confirmed that 4728111 will fit Eagle Vision ESI with a "T" in the Vin (for example 2E3HD56T9SH558666) - #11 in my post of 10-02-2018, 01:48 PM. $111 plus tax, 30 day return. Number of Dodge / Chrysler vehicles that this dust shield will fit stated as Chrysler: 6 models, 175 variants between 1993 and 2010, Dodge: 4 models, 264 variants between 1993 and 2005, Eagle: 1 models, 11 variants between 1993 and 1997, Plymouth: 3 models, 119 variants between 1995 and 2001.

I'll check one more time with mechanic, then order subject to 30 day return (I pay return shipping). Expensive for what it is, but cheaper than the "small, used SUV" the wife has started looking at. Thanks for the input and direction. I'll post back with success or lack thereof...

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Sounds like a Winner!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts