DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car >seems< to run fine. Check engine light comes on. Code 21. Loses just the teeniest amount of power every once in a while and idles slightly off every once in a while. Small enough that I'm not sure if it's in my mind or really there.

Also a code 12, but I changed my battery within the last week, along with an oil change and a new fuel filter (un-related to this issue)

Just wondering at what I'm looking at being wrong, I know 21 is O2 Sensor.

-EDIT-

Let me re-phrase the question. Is it ONLY the sensor that gives this code, or could it be anything else?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
yup its 1 of the 4 o2 sensors. They hook up a scan tool and it lets them know which one is shot and they replace it. You will lose some horse power and gas mileage sux if a o2 sensor is bad

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
my bad maybe it was 2. In anycase 1 of them are bad to get a code of 21. code 12 is normal and 55 is normal

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I figured 12 was "normal" what with changing the battery a day before finding the codes, and 55 is the "end of codes".

I just wasn't clear on if 21 was solely the sensors or if it could be anything else.

Live in a small town, took a few days to find a mechanic who had an adapter to even be able to hook his diagnostic machine up, but that was after I found the trick to find the codes without a machine.

On the sensors themselves. I could fine one, but the other one seems to be hiding from me, can't look at the moment as I'm out of town for job training at the moment.

That was the main reason it was such a worry for me, I had to leave for training and didn't know if I could trust the car with a bad sensor for a 500 mile round trip trip, so I just took a family members car and will fix mine when I get home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts