DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1996 trep. I have noticed the brakes growling at first after i run the car, mainly the drums. At intersections, when i stop, the front left disc brake chirps - is there a nick in my pad?? they are not low, anything else i can do? i have tried cleaners, and they chirp and squeak regardless....

·
Registered
83 Posts
One word "Rotor" Replace them. Mine were squealing like a school bus everytime I stopped, nothing worked, last weekend I finally replaced the rotors. No sqeak, squeal, nothing. THe rotors on these cars are too small and thin for the size and weight of the car they heat up too much and eventually get glazed over, this glaze causes the squealing. You can have the rotor turned but by turning them you end up with less metal on the rotor, which means it will heat sooner causing the squeal again. It is very easy to change, just change pads at the same time.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Bought new rotors for my Corde not 4000 miles ago, it needs them AGAIN! waaah

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Si, remember, you drive like a mad man, I have never seen anyone with a 3.3 so crazy on the kills ;)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
si, i'd be returning those rotors for a refund. 4000 miles ain't exactly what you would call a long and happy life. i have the OE rotors and they have 62k on them. if you eat rotors 4k at a time there's something else wrong with your ride.

did your wife drive it with the E brake on? heh, maybe that's how she lost to that cadavalier. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts