DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
There is a cone for air silencing in the intake bellows. Not too hard to remove. Def adds more noise. You can open the air box up a bit on the bottom and you will def hear some intake noise.

Suspension I believe you are correct in the terminologies.
Do I gotta cut out that cone or is it just wedged in there and I have to wiggle it out?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Been a long time. But wanna say you kinda break it out.
Alright, thanks for the tip. Also, I looked through the manual again, and the octane rating for the first gen 3.5L is a bit hazy. It seems to imply you can run 87 without problem, though 89 is preferred and 91 gives you a performance boost. Is 91 the best it can utilize or would something like 94 octane help it even more? Also, I probably already asked about this as well, but is this engine susceptible to ethanol damage, or is it designed to run on E15?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Alright, thanks for the tip. Also, I looked through the manual again, and the octane rating for the first gen 3.5L is a bit hazy. It seems to imply you can run 87 without problem, though 89 is preferred and 91 gives you a performance boost. Is 91 the best it can utilize or would something like 94 octane help it even more? Also, I probably already asked about this as well, but is this engine susceptible to ethanol damage, or is it designed to run on E15?

Far as octane the difference in 89 to 93 would be minimal. Reason why you can run 87 if needed is knock sensors will detect preigntiion and reduce timing, which reduces cylinder pressures, and reduces power to prevent detonation.

I would not run any E-type fuels in it. Will run ethonal fine. Tech non ethanol is better but overall its such a small deal doesn't matter.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts