DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 96 intrepid in great shape and want to change out the OEM AM-FM Cassette player to a Factory cd player. I see alot of them on ebay but none state they are for a 96 model. Does anyone know what other models or years will fit the dash and trim of a 1996 intrepid. And will the harness plug up to the OEM cd players or will i need an adapter harness from the dealership.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

:dj:

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
anythnig from a '93'97 Intrepid/Concorde/LHS/NEw Yorkers etc will fit, also minivans will bolt in as well. Just 2 bolts and plug n play

·
Registered
424 Posts
gr8crash hit it on the had. However I have found, for the price, if you know a little about wiring it is cheaper to go with a decent quality aftermarket CD player. I like to go with a pioner soething like a deh-3700 for around 100 after all the buying it and all the stuff to install it. You just have to look for one on ebay for a good price. Anyways, good luck.
-Taaf-

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
You really don't even have to know much about wiring, if you buy the adapter harenss, it plugs right into the factory harness, just gota wire the adpater to teh radio harenss and its all easily color coded

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Any standard square face opening Chrysler stero will work. Make sure the mounts are on the right and bottom of the face. The cloud cars and some jeeps had different mounts. Heres a pic of the mounts that will work for you:

That mount pattern with the two plugs was used from 1984 up to 2001 or 2002. They should all have two seven pin plugs, a grey and a black one. They will plug and bolt right in. I have two of those decks pictured above, one in the Intrepid and one in the Acclaim. I'm very satisifed with them, but I don't blast music, dont have subs, heck, I listen to oldies and AM talk radio :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
If u want to play homemade CD's get an aftermarket. The factory CD dash players don't play the ones u burn yourself at least 98 on back. :explosion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts