DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 96' Dodge Intrepid ES with original factory CD player and when I pop in a original CD (non burned) I get a error message (Err) and it pops the CD back out then about 20 secounds later it sucks it back in and nothing happens. I hear the CD spinning so I do not know if the lens is dirty and I should get a Lens cleaner? Has anyone else had a problem like this? I know its not the CD as I have tried many...

Any help would be appreciated
- Ryan

·
Registered
165 Posts
my cd player also stock in a 96es.. has the same problem kind of.. it playsa cd.. the it wont play that cd... but after a few tries it plays it... and some songs just shows the word SEEK and thats it... i deal with it... not my biggest problem right now..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok

Mine dosn't play any CD at all. I get a Err message and a small cd icon next to it. In the owners maunal it say whtasa happening like if it says Err followed by a HOT or LW BAT. It says nothing however about a small cd. I think its just something with the player itself. One other thing that bothers me is the front headlights you have to unscrew to get to the bulbs and the casing is plastic so they cracked. This is a con on Dodges enginering. So now i have to get a new Headlight. The Fords have a quick and easy way to get to the bulbs and are not encased. I got the car used from a dealer 2 weeks ago and its a fast sharp little car. All I am saying is now I have to run out and get a new light. I might just try to get a CD cleaner for 10 bucks. Thanks for the help.
- Ryan

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What 3.5 said

None of the CDs are working. The CD player itself dosen't work. Im just getting a Kenwwod. I plan to have this car for a while and just wanted to see if I could fix it myself. I blew compressed air into the slot and nothing. I bought CD lens cleaner (the CD with the brush for the lens) and nothing. It dosnt read the disk. Does anyone know what company makes the Player? ie. (pioneer, kewood, etc.)

The Infinity speakers the car has are nice however.

- Ryan

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Post in car audio forum might have more luck!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Could be moisture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts