·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody put a yellow or xenon bulb in place
of your stock lights? I want to upgrade my
regular beams, but back em up with some
BRIGHT foggers...
any ideas instead of buying NEW lights....
or are there some on the market that would
fit in my "stock holes".

·
Registered
587 Posts
simply put, the headlights and foglights on our cars suck worse than a 2 dollar whore....haha....

What I did was put some 100W auxiliary driving lights on the front grill of my car, wired it to a relay, and now it lights up the night. MUCH better....

·
Registered
890 Posts
I got some Pia fog lights that are the yellow like you see on the New lexus. But the set back is they cost $200 :eek: :eek: :eek: But there worth it trust me it helps visiblty by a whole lot

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a pair of fogs from Advance auto for like $70 or so. they are 3 or 4 inch and they fit in the place of the fogs and I wired them to work with the original fog switch. If on a scale of 1-10 the originals would be a 1 and these cheap lights are easilly a 29 I can not believe the difference I am sick as hell now so I can not take a pic. I will when I get a chance they look great
:eek:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by Scooby6075:
I bought a pair of fogs from Advance auto for like $70 or so.
Sweet, someone else buys from Advance. If you want a nice set of headlights for cheap, go there and get the APC Superwhite (simulated HID) Xenon bulbs. They are only $25 for the pair and help out alot at night. If they don't have them in stock you can order them next day delivery for no extra charge.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i have a question hopefully someone can answer... whenever i turn on my foglights, it blows the fuse for the front right regular beam headlight, but the high still works.If I replace the fuse and try it again...same thing happens, any guesses on what is going on?---thanks :eek:

·
Registered
97 Posts
ps. also would there be a trouble code for this?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Probably no trouble code no, those are only for engine electronics and such. But if there is something wrong with the voltage of your alternator, you will prob get a trouble code. The only reason I can think of this happening is that you have a short in your wiring somewhere, or the fogs run off of the same fuse as your right headlight, but that doesn't make sense. Try putting a new fuse in, maybe it was a power surge or something. Another thing is, remember to turn on your lights after you start your car to avoid power surges..

hope that helps...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts