DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a problem with my car surging/bucking while holding at a constant speed. This happens on both hill climes or flat straight aways. It goes away when you accelerate or let off. It happens at any constant speed. I thought it might have somthing to do with the OD so I drove it around in 3rd and it becomes even more noticeable. Took it do the dealer because it was also runing rough and to have them check out the surging. They found Bad spark plugs & Wires as the cause for runing rough (Duh!!) but said they could not feel the surging. Any ideas on what this can be?

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]:
Hey guys I have a problem with my car surging/bucking while holding at a constant speed. This happens on both hill climes or flat straight aways. It goes away when you accelerate or let off. It happens at any constant speed. I thought it might have somthing to do with the OD so I drove it around in 3rd and it becomes even more noticeable. Took it do the dealer because it was also runing rough and to have them check out the surging. They found Bad spark plugs & Wires as the cause for runing rough (Duh!!) but said they could not feel the surging. Any ideas on what this can be?

i'd have to say check your vacumme lines.. look for dried out brittle ones.. they may look fine.. but u'd be suprised.. also might be dirty injectors?

·
Registered
25 Posts
yeah I'm going through the same thing now... I pulled too hard on one of my plug wires while replacing them (I think that's what caused this.. was fine before) and now my car is jumpy while accelerating.. or if I lightly press the gas from a stop, the car jerks a bit like it's misfiring or something. Only when I press the gas down hard does it go away, or just not seem noticible.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Sparkplugs? Wires??? as well as the above, can be so many things :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Surging in the engine

Check to see if it is the fuel pump. I had one to go out was surging since day one. (i bought it used) I replace with a used part and was fine for a while now it is doing it again. I will have to break down and buy a new pump

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same thing here. Felt it surging at speed, turned out it was a leak in the intake manifold. Had it replaced and noticed a considerable jump in performance. BTW it happened at 160,000K on my 97 3.5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts