DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a blown fusible link cause no spark ? I have changed the coil pack and both camshaft and crankshaft sensors and i still have no spark .

·
Registered
464 Posts
do you have power to the coil? flip around some relays. a bad asd relay might be a problem too.
if you have power to the coils and injectors, then it might be ecm or sensor.
cam belt good?

·
Registered
464 Posts
red is quite likely a power wire not likely a fusible link, just a corroded out wire.
without knowing where it starts or ends, i don't know what it's for.
maybe fix it and find out.
without pouring over wiring diagrams, only fusible link i know of is the main power from the battery o the fuse box.

quick look at wiring, if you mean the dark green orange, it supplies power through many splices, one thing being the coil.
so no, probably not a fusible link, but a splice point if more than 1 wire involved.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a green wire with a orange stripe that runs in to it from the ignition coil plug and a black wire and another green wire with a orange stripe that comes out the other end of it and there is no power going to the ignition coil

·
Registered
464 Posts
sounds like the capacitor inline with the coil feed.
you'll have to jumper the asd relay terminals to give continuous power to check it.
pull the asd relay and jump the teminals that are across and at 90 degrees to each other. like - and l .
that will energize the coil/injector power for testing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new here, but have just won the battle of no spark with my 1996 Concorde. I did everything, cam and crank sensors, coil pack, pcm, fuel pump, ASD and fuel pump relays. Nothing doing. Last resort, replaced the ignition switch (not the lock cylinder, the ignition switch on the back side of it). Replaced that, turned key on, nothing, turned off, then back on, and the Concorde came back to life. Besides a crappy fuel problem, she runs pretty good now. Yours could be the ignition switch too, so you might want to replace that too. Good luck, that no spark problem is a female dog for sure!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts