DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was bout 6 clock in the morning and i picked up my friend from a late nite party cuz he didn't wanna drive drunk so i take my bro in the trep and we get my friend my bro takes the civic and im obviously in the trep my friends civic had a d16z6 with cai and full exhaust and vtec 5 speed well my bro is in front so i pass him to mess with him and comes around like i did so now were side by side at about 40mph then 3 honks he floors it im like OK so i wot that beast and rape him again and again and again we were doing bout 130mph and every time i had like maybe 10 car lengths :flipa: oo man the 3.5 is so fu#$ing mean well its early so this is kinda half ass story telling

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
it was bout 6 clock in the morning and i picked up my friend from a late nite party cuz he didn't wanna drive drunk so i take my bro in the trep and we get my friend my bro takes the civic and im obviously in the trep my friends civic had a d16z6 with cai and full exhaust and vtec 5 speed well my bro is in front so i pass him to mess with him and comes around like i did so now were side by side at about 40mph then 3 honks he floors it im like OK so i wot that beast and rape him again and again and again we were doing bout 130mph and every time i had like maybe 10 car lengths :flipa: oo man the 3.5 is so fu#$ing mean well its early so this is kinda half ass story telling
you have a limiter set at 115 mph

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
So your buddy didnt want to drive drunk and get into an accident...

so you go street racing and could of killed him going 115+

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
If you read his post he didnt go looking for street racing he was picking up a friend from a party. The street race just happen to happen.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So your buddy didnt want to drive drunk and get into an accident...

so you go street racing and could of killed him going 115+
well he wasn't in the car with me and i understand what your concern is but i took it upon myself to do the racing and went to the horseback roads that just go straight for miles and usually have no horses or cars I've actually have never seen anybody on this road i was on but its not something i do all the time so without saying this in a asshole way please dont give me a guilt trip and sorry no vid i wish i did though

·
Registered
232 Posts
Eh, Post a Picture of your Door Jam where your Sticker and Tire INfo is, Then maybe I'll believe this half assed story.

Not so Much beating a Civic, but he whole 130 deal.

That, and No first gen ever came with a 130 Cluster nor have I ever seen a Civic with a 130+ Cluster, not saying they don't have them, I just haven't seen them.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eh, Post a Picture of your Door Jam where your Sticker and Tire INfo is, Then maybe I'll believe this half assed story.

That, and No first gen ever came with a 130 Cluster nor have I ever seen a Civic with a 130+ Cluster, not saying they don't have them, I just haven't seen them.
here we go now im gonna be an asshole no **** there was no f***ing 130cluster but when the speedo goes past 120 then you kinda guesstimate the speed at the postion its at lets take a measure and measure 10 mph increments then go to your speedo and look add that 10 mph to your 120 and see where the **** its at:let_it_al:twak::2up::explosion:gun6: sorry bout the anger but im frustrated

·
Registered
232 Posts
here we go now im gonna be an asshole no **** there was no f***ing 130cluster but when the speedo goes past 120 then you kinda guesstimate the speed at the postion its at lets take a measure and measure 10 mph increments then go to your speedo and look add that 10 mph to your 120 and see where the **** its at:let_it_al:twak::2up::explosion:gun6: sorry bout the anger but im frustrated
I also forgot to ask, why your profile thingy and name says 3.3 but u said 3.5? u get rid of the ol 3.3?

But Still, I am waiting or that Door Jam Sticker.

·
Registered
298 Posts

*cough* my 1994 cluster goes to 150 :biggrin: My car certainly doesnt, but the cluster goes upto 150mph.

Its a canadian car and the speedo goes to 240km/hr

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also forgot to ask, why your profile thingy and name says 3.3 but u said 3.5? u get rid of the ol 3.3?

But Still, I am waiting or that Door Jam Sticker.
sorry forgot to clear up the car thingy the 3.5 is my bros and i have a 3.3 and the getting a pic is gonna be hard since i live in CT and my bro lives in Maine i was up there this summer and thats when this happened but i should be going before halloween and i will try to get a pic:biggrin:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow.

It is truly amazing how you managed not to even go a mile while doing that, considering your trip appears to stay at 116.7 through out he whole ordeal.

The again, that is just my two cents. I personally say make a vid, which if you have a digi cam should beable to do actually. I knwo mine can.

Not o mention the turretts syndrome speedo u got in the vids.

·
Registered
63 Posts
you have a limiter set at 115 mph
ALL American cars have speed limiters..... I highly doubt an Intrepids speed limiter is set above 130 mph.... I would have to see it to believe it, cars like the Intrepid will be set before 120..... only Corvettes and Mustang GT's have a high limiter set near or at 150 mph..... got this guy at work claims his 4 cylinder Ford Ranger goes 150 mph.... here we go again.... :9lame:

·
Registered
232 Posts
ALL American cars have speed limiters..... I highly doubt an Intrepids speed limiter is set above 130 mph.... I would have to see it to believe it, cars like the Intrepid will be set before 120..... only Corvettes and Mustang GT's have a high limiter set near or at 150 mph..... got this guy at work claims his 4 cylinder Ford Ranger goes 150 mph.... here we go again.... :9lame:
Actually you will find some second gens with limited pcm to 142 or something in that area, but here are Intrepids (First Gen) with the Unlimited limiter, but hose are very rare to find. They came with the PHP Package and V rated tires.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ALso 2002 dodge stratus sedan r/t came without a speed limiter. 03 and 04 did have a limiter on that model though

just to name one car I know that doesnt have one.
Also 1st gen neon ACR, Stealh R/T TT,1st gen stratus manual 2.0 , viper....and several others in the 90's that I am aware of. Most cars seem to have a limit, but that could be drag limited as well......srt 4, viper are two examples.

I was wondering more about the honda, a b16 with vtec head and manual should be throwing down 150 ish to the wheels ( i have seen some dyno with 180+ to the wheel)....in a fly weight car. Kid must be a great driver, or brother in the honda didnt know to rev the piss out of the honda.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts