DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1998-2001 ABS Pump (non-rust belt)

216 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  joe_ 
#1 ·
My ABS pump has been screeching for a couple winters now and now this morning I think it finally seized up (judging by the ABS and TRAC OFF lights coming on). It's badly rusted, which caused the motor case to crack open in several places and I assume let water get into the bearings.

I would like to get one from a southern/non-salty area of the country, so I won't have to worry about this happening again anytime soon. Part number is 4897781AA and it's found on 98-01 LH's with traction control. It will also have the electronic controller attached, part number 4602253AA (or later revision). The pump section is what I really need, but I guess I'd prefer to get it with the controller attached. Rather than disconnecting the lines from it, I would like it if the lines were cut off at least a few inches away from the pump to avoid any dirt from getting into the pump or fittings during transport/shipping.

If anyone is willing to find one or has one in storage (coughcough Ron), please shoot me a PM so we can discuss pricing.

Thanks!

#2 ·
On second thought, that whole 'cutting off the brake lines' thing is a lot to ask for. Brake lines are thick, and that would be a pain in the butt. I just ask that the holes are plugged/covered somehow since the outside of the part will probably be dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.