DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a 1999 Chrysler Concorde 3.5 and while I'm driving sometimes, all of the interior lights come on by itself. The door indicator on the dash doesn't come on so I don't think that's the problem. I heard about this happening to other people but never heard of anyone actually solving the problem. Does anyone have an idea where I should start looking?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine does that at times and I believe it is the dimmer switch for the dash lights. I usually just adjust it or turn them all the way up, then dow, then it stops doing that for a while. I'm betting some DeOxit 5 would cleanup that switch for good. Just remember to disconnect the battery before you go that route.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree with PP, "teamodave". I've heard plenty of people complaining about dash lights flickering, all panicky. It has happened to me, too, but every time it happens I find that my wife or I have adjusted the dimmer too high, so that it is up against the dial's "detent" for the some lamp illumination and if I just back down the adjustment slightly it stops happening, and it's fine, again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts