DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need a favor and would really appreciate assistance. This is going to sound odd.

I need a clean picture of the entire front assembly under the hood with a clean shot of all the belt routing and compressor stickers. There are several DaimlerChrysler stickers on the metal strip or area above the headlights for belt routing and air conditioning compressor. I need a picture of this to compare. Pictures of this with a 3.2L engine is perfered.

I am gathering evidence that may prove that my 1999 ES was in a previous accident.

I have noticed spotty paint and overspary on the front bumper panel, the rear passenger side bumper panel used to pop up time to time. The top part of the passenger side door stuck up. The hood was crooked. I have taken some pictures from the underneath rear of the vehicle of some heavy welding that was painted over, I am not sure if this is normal.

It seems like someone had replaced these stickers and a couple seem pretty crooked or slightly out of the usual location unlike my 2002. I'm sure this could have also been done at the factory but just in case.

Help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Randy!

My 99ES 3.2L was different. The stickers are layed out a little different and that area looks different. My stickers did not have the same placement and were crooked as hell.

I just realized that there was some heavy duty welding underneath in the tire area at the back of my 3.2L where the body panels used to pop up. My 2002 Intrepid has nothing like this. Not sure if it has a different design.

I can't believe it! I am 95% sure that this car was previously wrecked! That explains why it was for sale with such low mileage, fell apart, never seemed right and why the service department acted so strange toward me.

****!! This is not right, I could have lost my life being that it was previously wrecked!! I am not happy.

Can I get another favor.....? Can someone tell me if there is supposed to be globbed heavy welding in the back underneath of the vehicle......? Can someone get a clean picture of the or the right rear underneath of the frame next to the rear wheel above the independant suspension arm.....?

Really appreciated..... Thanks......!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, did it right away when stuff started seeming funny and of course it came up clean.

Man, just thinking about how strange the dealer acted everytime I brought it in for services after brining it in for my tranny fluid and filter replacement.

They have asked me if they sold the car to me and I said, yeah. My guess is that the initially put it on the lift or when they performed the Oil and Filter change they noticed that things weren't right. They acted really wierd and the service advisor began greeting me before even got a chance to get out of the car when I would come in for service. Wow, it's makin' sense. Not tryin' to jump to conlusions here but something's ****ed about this.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I just did one on my dads truck (had since new)
VIN: 1B7KC26C8RS5_____
Year/Make/Model: 1994 DODGE RAM 2500
Body Style: Pickup
Engine Type: 5.9L L6 PFI DSL TURBO
Manufactured In: UNITED STATES
Search Results: 4 records found in our database

now how could they have 4 records when nothing mechanical has been done to it?

VIN: 2B3HD46T0TH2_____
Year/Make/Model: 1996 DODGE INTREPID
Body Style: Sedan 4 DR
Engine Type: 3.3L V6 SMPI OHV 12V
Manufactured In: CANADA
Search Results: 9 records found in our database

and mine which was totalled when I bought

Somone else check vehicles that they know the history of & see what you come up with.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Doesn't titling a car and registering a car and having emissions testing done count as a record? It did when checked my car on carfax.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Intrepidatious said:
Doesn't titling a car and registering a car and having emissions testing done count as a record? It did when checked my car on carfax.
Yeap, same here with my Neon...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Shortcomings of Carfax

I had ordered the car in April 98 and I literally saw it come off the car transporter. (Although this is not always a guarantee of a "virgin" car.)

In 2000, Carfax had offered a freebee report, so I ran one on my '98 ES just for kicks in May 2000. The report came back with "ALERT - CARFAX HAS THREE REPORTS ON THIS VEHICLE." Needless to say, the word "alert" took me by surprise. Turns out that the three reports were just the three times the car was inspected by the NJ DMV. If it had not been a free search, I would have had to order (and pay for) the document just to find out it was your routine DMV inspection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts