DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My 99 ES remote trunk (keychain & dash) stopped working. Repair shop replaced the BCM. Remote trunk now works but the vehicle theft alarm system no longer works. Information that I found tells me there are two version BCM's, a basic and a premium. The premium has the alarm feature. Both myself and the repair shop are at a loss to why this problem popped up. Are the replacement BCM's programmed by a Dodge dealer by using the vin # ? In another twist, my repair shop called the local dealer. Using the vin # the dealership stated that my car did not have the alarm system. I called Dodge directly (tel# in manual). I gave them the vin# and they confirmed that my car did come with the alarm system. I have had bad luck with the local Dodge dealership, so I am trying to avoid going back there. I appreciate any suggestions.

Roger L.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Welcome to the boards! I had the same problem with my ES and the VIN not showing my alarm, my insurance company said it came up without the alarm, good luck on getting your BCM fixed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts