DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i need help with a new stereo i am trying to install and i couldnt find a thread that matched my problem. Well i have everything hooked up and the right harness and everything, but for some reason my speakers still have no audio. There is a extra purple and yellow wire that doesnt go to the harness i bought but it connects to the back of the factory stereo. What should i do with this wire? and is it the reason why my audio isnt working?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Yes, i believe that is the amp turn on wire. You might wait for someone to confirm but I'm 99% sure that is your problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
idk if it has a factory amp i just got the car and i have hooked up a speaker and it works i just need to know where this purple and yellow wire goes it connects in the back of factory stereo and has plastic cap but i dont know where to connect it to my new stereo or if i need it at all

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Oh - has a white 1-pin connector? Narrow in shape? That's the PCI bus interface (steering wheel controls, etc).

That can be left dangling in the dash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think i figured it out should i connect the blue/white cord to the blue (power antenna)...cause i have blue connect to blue right now

·
Woober Goobers!
50,032 Posts
i think i figured it out should i connect the blue/white cord to the blue (power antenna)...cause i have blue connect to blue right now
Edited. Bad advice on my part. Carry on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
don't know if you resolved the problem or not...But the easiest way to tell if you have factory premium sound is to look on the doors. up by the mirrors... do you see a tweeter? under that, do you see little words that say infinity or midline? if you do... you have an amp mounted behind the right kick panel between the blower box assembly and the "A" piller riser.

All that said you would have to enable the amp..(turn on)

which means 12v in the on position. I think the yellow is ACC wire (not certain)
purple I believe is power antenna and that would work also but I am not sure on the amperage
a safe bet would be to run a fused wire from the accessory side of the fuse panel to the amp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts