DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few other threads on this, but those luck folks can find the parts. Verified a bad clock spring, but the local pick-n-pulls only have 02-04 models. Does anyone know if the parts are reverse compatible? Can't seem to find a new or used 98-00 4698304.. but the AB-AD's are everywhere. Any suggestions?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
You can use any of clock springs as long as they have the 4698304 base part number. The AB, AC, AD etc at the end doesn't matter for fitment. Realistically you would want a 4698304 with the highest letter at the end. For example a 4698304AB is a lower/older revision than 4698304AF. They both will fit and work fine but the AF is newer.

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
Ron - Didn’t they change the connectors on the clock springs at some point - but the connectors on the clock spring itself can be swapped?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
The change was in 2002. That's why the base part number changed.

You can swap connector shells to get the airbag to work but the Cruise Control switch connectors are different also. So you would need to get the switches from a 2002-2004 car also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So when you say I'd need to get the switches, are you saying the actual switches on the wheel, or the connectors from a donor car that would connect to the clock spring? Got a bit confused there..

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
I have seen a few other threads on this, but those luck folks can find the parts. Verified a bad clock spring, but the local pick-n-pulls only have 02-04 models. Does anyone know if the parts are reverse compatible? Can't seem to find a new or used 98-00 4698304.. but the AB-AD's are everywhere. Any suggestions?

What's the base part number on those AB-AD clock springs? Just look for a 4698304XX where "XX" can be AB, AC, AD, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts