DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2.7L 02 SE Intrepid last month and wanted to do some upgrades, such as new speakers, change the stereo, and possibly paint it black, it is currently silver. I got everything done that was needed, such as oil change and flushed the coolant myself, as the car belonged to an old man who was the original owner, he was 90 and his kids took his keys away so it had been sitting. It has some scratches and dents, the bumper cover needs to be replaced, the headlights need to be changed, and the rotors are a little worn. Any tips on installing stereo, speakers new bumper, and any headlight suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,125 Posts
What coolant did you use?

Bumper Cover and Headlights can be had on Ebay for very reasonable prices.

If you intend to change paint color...get the bumper cover shipped primed. If it's going to be awhile before the color change and want it Silver...there are Ebay Sellers that will paint it before shipping. Your paint code is PS2.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,125 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the Prestone 50/50 mix with cor guard. I know it says to use the Mopar ANTIFREEZE/ COOLANT 5 YEAR/100,000 MILE FORMULA. HOAT, but I wanted to try the prestone out, should be fine since I completely flushed the system. I might consider using Peak 5 year 150,000 mile but I'd have to research it more. Thanks for the other info btw

·
Woober Goobers!
50,125 Posts
I changed my two posts above. You have an SE and I had a link to an ES bumper cover in the first post.

The 2nd one was for a bumper cover and not headlights. I changed that.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,125 Posts
Actually you should change the coolant out. You can use Zerex G05 which is HOAT. THe Mopar coolant or there are others from Ford and Mercedes. Motorcraft Orange is compatible. I don't remember the Mercedes type. Whichever is easily available and cheapest.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you flushed it out. With water running clear in between Orange and green. You're fine. Although I wouldn't use any yard parts before ensuring that they have been flushed aswell.

If the water pump impeller had absorbed any coolant to be sweat out later (typically a cheap plastic issue) that could cause problems down the road however.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts