DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a silver 1997 intrepid sport and have been looking for a way to get around the higher pitch rev sound i've been getting. Finally found the solution....since most of the niose you hear is involved with intake i figured i would take a look at mine. Found out there is an air restrictor in the tube running from you air filter box to the carbs...took this out and WOW what a difference...finally got that sound i was looking for...not sure if it helped performance or not but boy did it make a difference in sound deep that almost shakes your head haha well not quite but almost...let me know how it turns out for you. try to get more pics of my car up soon...have custom interior done..and thats about it...btw just so you know ii have K&N filter not sure how much of a diff that made on helping out the sound. Well thats it
Treps Rock!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Alright. 1997, your K&N allows more air to come in quicker, so it makes your car louder. Thats what your hearing.

-Brandon

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Astrogiblet said:
Alright. 1997, your K&N allows more air to come in quicker, so it makes your car louder. Thats what your hearing.

-Brandon
The K&N helps, but removing the air restricter cone from the stock intake tube does make the intake louder. One of the first mods i ever did on my 1G, and probably one of the first mods every other 1G owner has done.

Don't hate on the guy because he found out about a easy mod on his own ;)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
wheres the 'air restrictor cone'? If you have a spectre intake then do you still have that cone? If you do, then this guy is geniunely spectacular! :)

-Brandon

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Astrogiblet said:
wheres the 'air restrictor cone'? If you have a spectre intake then do you still have that cone? If you do, then this guy is geniunely spectacular! :)

-Brandon
:rolleyes:

LHSDriver01 said:
removing the air restricter cone from the stock intake tube
It's in the stock accordian tube that goes from the stock airbox, to the stock elbow tube that goes to the stock throttle bodies, to the stock plenum.

·
Registered
603 Posts
hahaha, first that thread argument about the 3.3 being slow and now this. These posts just get funnier and funnier. I love this site.
Keep it up guys.
oh, and welcome to the site 1997 trep31

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea sorry if this was an already widely known mod...just was messing around my car and checking out the intake...just started checking this site so i don't know too much about it..sorry

J

·
0 Posts
NO no no no!, By all means, don't appologize!
Welcome to the site :) !

Meanies! You're gonna scare him into not-posting mode!

yes, one of the first mods I ever did.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha alright thanks...whats this silver intrpid club i hear about???

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have a question about spectre intake/k&n filter. At about 1500 rpm's, mine makes a high pitch noise, for as long as I hold 1500-2200 rpms until I cant hear it anymore due to engine noise. It sounds exactly like a turbo. Do you guys get this? I just want to make sure I dont have a vacuum leak or something...

-Brandon

·
Registered
273 Posts
I wouldn't say it sounds EXACTLY like a turbo... But I do get a slight "whistle" type sound at certain rpm's... I believe other members have also heard it. I don't hear it as much since I did the exhaust, LoL, but I know it's there (it was before at least).

·
Registered
627 Posts
cool,1 mod down 6546182450543846016821046235 left to go !!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts