DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all the posts about this but still wonder what type of mod is required for the rear seats? If the 2nd gen has a taller rear seat, how can the leather from a first gen possibly fit? Can any one tell me how they fixed the problem in their car!
I found black leather seats in a first gen, and want them in my second gen.
also, how would I know if the seats were origionally from a different car? Thanks for the help guys!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to decide if i want to buy them, i cant get a pic as they are at a scrap yard. Did the first gen come with leather? Or would it have been out of a different car or something? how will I know if the seats are origionally from that car? will they look sort of old school?
thanks

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
First Gens did come with leather... however it is pretty difficult to find a set that old that is still in decent shape. Because of the sheer volume of 2nd gens out there (Intrepid, 300M, LHS, Concorde), it is more likely that you'll find a set from a 2nd gen.

I would seriously recommend trying www.car-part.com to track down a local yard with 2nd gen seats.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking at $300 for the whole set, fronts and back in black leather. I live in Canada! Is this a good price? And I'm still wondering WILL they FIT ? or will it look stupid to see the seats from a first gen in a secong generation car? Thats what I would like to know!
thanks again

:brutal_34

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
front seats will bolt directly in. No questions asked though the wiring harnesses for power seats will need to be swapped if im not mistaken.

the rear seats will look like ****. 1st gen seats are shorter than 2nd gen seats and the gap will be incredibly noticeable. $300 is a terrible price for 1st gen leather anyway. I scored a full set of 2nd gen dark charcoal seats for $150 at a yard about 45minutes from my house.

·
Registered
537 Posts
dahotboy where do u live and what yard u going to? Cause i know someone that can get u 2nd gen black leather seats from a concorde or 300m for 400 for all of them. And I live in Ontario.
I have a 1stgen and im looking for leather seats but I'm not sure how much mods i need to do to get the 2nd gens in the back. If ur seats r good and ur close maybe we can do a swap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts