DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving the Neon today to work north bound 169 by hwy 81. I stop at the stop light in the left lane. Stopping next to me is a 1998 Durango with a V-8 the light turns green and he takes off like a big bird. I floor it and he has a 3/4 of a car length on me by 40mph it is 1/4 of a car length and by 60 mph i had a 1/4 of a car length on him. The next light at 89th ave was red so we both stop at the light. I know this time to hit it hard when the light turns green. The light turns and i can hear him spin the tires on the Durango.I floor the little Neon for all she worth by 30 mph i have him by a 1/2 a car length and by 65 mph by a full car length. after that he gave up. Man i was shocked the Neon won it is a 3 speed auto and the only thing i have done to it was 8.5 mm wires and KN drop iin filter and anti foam in the tranny. I thought for sure he would of smoked me. The wifes new Stratus SE is a lot faster than the Neon. I hope the roads are dry this weekend so i can play with it a little, it turned over 1,000 miles today the wife told me. The only time i get to drive it is on the weekends. :(

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Those 2.7 Stratus' (Strati?) are pretty quick. I think they should be able to hand a Trep its ass to 'em.

As for the Neon, I have owned (co-owned - g/f's cars) both the 1st and 2nd generation models and I like the fit and finish of the newer model. I had a Quick Pipe with K&N, 8.5 mm Magnecore wires, NGK plugs and other miscellaneous mods on the first gen car we had and that little thing would scream at high RPMs. My g/f won't let me touch this one at all. She hated the way the motor sounded with that Quick Pipe intake. With about a spare $1000 you can make that Neon whoop ass on the small block V8 guys.

Be on the lookout for some of those Durango owners, my buddy has a heavily modded 2000 Durango with a 5.9 and it gets up and goes. It would give my Trep a run, probably would beat it.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Good kill. Man, that sucks that alot of the performance **** goes to Neons. If only we had a little bit of that aftermarket for our cars.....*sigh*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts