DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the little swich that is connected to the high pressure line on the a/c can make the whole a/c compressor not come on as well as the rediator fan? I tested the system for pressure by connecting a pressure tester to the low pressure line and there is pressure but when i turn on the a/c button the only thing that i notice is that the rpm's go up and down by 100rpm's when i turn on the a/c button. could that cause it to not work? I also tested the swhich for resistance with a multimeter but din't show any resistance.

Can any one tell me if that could be the problem. Thank you.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,675 Posts
That switch can definately kill the a/c. It is the transducer switch. I would check and see if your a/c compressor is kicking on, it sounds like it is if the engine rpms and changing when you hit the switch. If it is coming on, you probably have low refrigerant, enough to run the compressor, but not enough to kill the system or cool the air.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The compressor does not come on at all. I even testesd if there was any current going to the compressor but it only showed .30 or alittle more going up and down.

·
Registered
234 Posts
there is a post on here somewhere on calibrating the ac temp from inside the car. i had no ac last spring and i tried this and it worked. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ithacakid14850 said:
there is a post on here somewhere on calibrating the ac temp from inside the car. i had no ac last spring and i tried this and it worked. Just a suggestion.

Tried that. That procedure was in the haynes manual but i din't get any codes. The mileage would just reapear aftyer the test.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,675 Posts
I know in 98 and 99 they had a problem with the transducer switches going out and came out with an updated one. Not sure about later years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts