DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a intrepid 2000 model with a bad engine! $400 could not go wrong I figured. What year 3.5 engine will work to do the conversion

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a 1999 Concorde with a blown 2.7. After reading all of the posts about converting the engine to a 3.5, I found that I may have purchased the wrong year engine (2003 3.5). Is there anyway to make this work without having to buy alot more parts or kits?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,606 Posts
mmacklin95 said:
I just bought a 1999 Concorde with a blown 2.7. After reading all of the posts about converting the engine to a 3.5, I found that I may have purchased the wrong year engine (2003 3.5). Is there anyway to make this work without having to buy alot more parts or kits?
No real way to avoid buying the extra parts using a 2002-2004 engine, but here is the thread on what is needed for a 02-04 into 98-01.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks

Thanks

First i'm going to try to get another motor for an easier conversion. If i can't then i'll try to get this one to work.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Where are you from pal?, I have some parts for that engine, that will make your conversion work for your "YEAR RANGE" Car, with that 2003 Engine, I just completed my swap not so long ago, I can save you alot of time, and $$$ from the dealers, and yards bro!, ;), Just PM ME,.

Luie

·
Registered
7 Posts
O.K. I managed to come across a 97 intrepid with a great running 3.5. Can I use that to put in my 99 concorde?

Thanks for the offer Luie. I 'm just trying to go with a conversion with the least amount of modification.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,606 Posts
mmacklin95 said:
O.K. I managed to come across a 97 intrepid with a great running 3.5. Can I use that to put in my 99 concorde?

Thanks for the offer Luie. I 'm just trying to go with a conversion with the least amount of modification.

The engine has to be 98-2001 if you want to keep it simple. 93-97 engines are not compatible with 98-01.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,606 Posts
mmacklin95 said:
Not trying to be a pain in the a$$ but can someone explain to me why that won't fit? I just want to be able to explain it when asked.
Other than some similarities in the major mechanical engine parts, block, etc, to summarize, they are an entirely different beast. Different electronics, oil pan, engine mounts, accessories, the list goes on.

Its also counterproductive horse power wise to install a 1st gen 3.5 in a second gen-- 214 HP for a 96-97 engine, vs 252 HP for a 98-01 engine.

I am sure it is possible to install a 1st gen 3.5 in a 2nd gen, but the cost and trouble of adapting everything over, plus losing the horsepower, does not make it feasible when a 1998-2001 engine is pretty much a direct bolt-in with a few extra parts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts