DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW: I found this one the Dodgetalk Intrepid Board.

here's the link:
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61330

I will not vouch for the validity of the statements contained there, but it may be of interest to the 2.7L owners. Concern Dodge settling claims related to poor engine design / sludge issues w/ that engine.

NEWS

The Impartial Services Group has been retained by DaimlerChrysler to act as the point for all aggrieved 2.7L engine owners who have had a failure.

In talking to the gentleman who contacted me, he stated they are gathering owner names and contact information from one source only: the Center for Auto Safety (CAS).

Therefore, if you are part of this 2.7L group and have had a failure or problem due to the oil sludge debacle, it is imperative that you register an official complaint with the CAS! That is the ONLY mechanism by which you will be able to seek remedy.

No other submissions via consumer websites or organizations will be used; only the CAS' entries.

Be prepared to document your position, substantiate all correspondences, communications and have receipts, estimates, et al all ready to put together. I am wrapping up about a 20-page package for submission and will keep you posted as to settlement!!

Mods: could you please sticky this in the interest of the 2.7L owners? I know there's a lot of related threads, but this is vital info. Thanks in advance!

end quote

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sheeeit!! If he is looking 4 owners of the 2.7L Engine just hit up all the cats on ebay selling SE treps w/out the engine...just a thought. PEACE!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thats all grand, but what if you dont have the paperwork for every oil change??? I mean come on...either its a problem or not. Why not just put a 3.5L at a local engine shop for a settlement instead of having to pay out on every claim and having people prove that there engine was the problem in the first place. Sorry but this just pisses me off a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts