DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
16.8 with a drop in K&N, Flowmaster, no spare tire and an 1/8th tank of gas. The gear selector was in "L". I tried it in "3" and it was about a 1/2 slower.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply , I was curious because I have an 85 Camaro with a 2.8 all stock and it ran 17.4 , and the wife's Intrepid seems to have more pep with the 2.7 .

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
if anyone knows how to do the 1/8 mile to 1/4 mile conversion, I ran 11.36 with my 'trep, K&N FIPK, borla exhaust, no spare tire, synthetic oil, no a/c ( no belt, no lines, no compressor ) but I was sleeping at the lights with a 1.314 second reaction time..

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
The conversion is not a good thing for the 2.7 because the first 1/8 is not the 2.7's strong point.

I can vouch for the slow 2.7 quarter mile times but I can also tell you twice I've been pulled on by 2 different 2.7L's from a roll with my 15 second LHS.

They are dogs from a dead stop. News flash, little engine in a big car.
From a roll, they have nothing to shame.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
The conversion is not a good thing for the 2.7 because the first 1/8 is not the 2.7's strong point.

I can vouch for the slow 2.7 quarter mile times but I can also tell you twice I've been pulled on by 2 different 2.7L's from a roll with my 15 second LHS.

They are dogs from a dead stop. News flash, little engine in a big car.
From a roll, they have nothing to shame.
The gears are a big part to the 2.7 doing well from a roll. I'm curious how I would match up on a rolling start against a 2.7 considering I have the 3.89 gears.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The gears are a big part to the 2.7 doing well from a roll. I'm curious how I would match up on a rolling start against a 2.7 considering I have the 3.89 gears.
You'd probably win since you have the extra torque :smileyvault-newhere

I noticed that too, where it was absolutely dead off the line until it hit about 2500 rpm, then it started hauling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts