DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 intrepid ES with a 2.7 liter. My friend who works at Dodge said his dealership had never had one but his boss said few were ES's were made with the 2.7 liter. Does anyone else have this? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Never seen an ES with a 2.7, however, I know it was possible to get one. I configured a trep on Dodge's site a while back, and when you chose the ES, you had the option of 2 engines (the 3.2 and 2.7). Not sure if that is the case anymore.

[ August 14, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepid98 ]

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I saw an article on the 99 ES intrepids, and the reason why they have 2.7L with 201hp..... Basicly it said that in 1999, they made the ES base "Cheapest" ES with the 2.7L.... I'll edit this post with the website when i find it again..... :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
i test drove a 2000 ES with the 2.7L before i bought my car. they had a stinkload of them & the salesman was trying to move the new cars instead of the used ones. took the 98 for the sole reason of the 3.2L
20 hp doesnt seem like alot on paper, but you notice the difference when you get out to pass someone ;)
that and i was getting alot more car for alot less $$$.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2001 ES 23L package have the "active intake manifold" 201 hp 2.7L; 24L & 24M package are 3.2L. I just priced them @ web pagewww.edmonds.com with similar options (ABS, side bags, alum wheels, etc.) and they came to $22500, $22820, & $23280. Driveon...

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: N'bogu ]

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
When I was looking at the car I now have, I could have had a 98 ES with the 3.2L engine for around the same amount of money and with a couple thousand less miles (it had around 15,000 and mine had 17,000).

Then I looked at the difference in insurance between the Intrepid with the 2.7 and an Intrepid with the 3.2. It was significant enough (somewhere around $250 more for full coverage) for me, especially being 21 years old and subject to the usual raping by insurance companies.

All things considered, I'm not unhappy at all with my '00 Intrepid with the 2.7. The only thing I wish it had was the foglights. They add a new dimension to the way the front of the car looks. Maybe I can find a way to get the front molding piece with foglights onto my car... now that would be sweet! :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Aftermarket fog lights look much better on Intrepids. I hate the factory fog lights. When I bought my car, I tried to get a 3.2 without the foglights in front (they couldn't do that). I have aftermarket on my Intrepid. They look real good. I put them on the lower opening in the middle of my front license plate and the inner edge of the front lights. The car looks "viperish" at night..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts