DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 intredid 2.7. The problem I have is after the car sits for 15-30 minutes and the weather is about 55 deg outside. When I start the car it often is difficult to start and has no power and runs rough. It feels like it is flooded. It will sometimes stall and after 10-20 seconds it runs well and then acts normal. I only happens when the temp is about 55. Never in the winter or summer. I brought the car in 3 times and no fault codes are stored. It is very difficult to repeat the problem. if the car sit over an hour it is O.K. or if left less than 15 Min its O.K.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Sounds kinda like injector leak down. Gas pools below the injector and will run rough until the excess burns away. Kinda like it's flooded.

But, then again, it could be alot of things.

·
Registered
349 Posts
This doesn't share the same symptoms, but it's a problem I've had at least twice now. The wire harness for the fuel pump located underneath the rear seat cushion on the passenger side keeps corroding, even when there's no evidence of water. (the first time there was a lot of water there). I noticed it was the fuel pump when I couldn't hear it turn on when the accessories were turned on. When you start your car, listen for the fuel pump... it buzzes for a split second when you turn your accessories on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts